Opinion: Best run(s) at Sugarbush - Page 5

AlpineZone

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rocks860 View Post
    Semi tough or brambles is probably my favorite at mount Ellen, paradise or castle rock run are probably my favorites at Lincoln. I don’t think I had ever skied brambles until wwf-vt took me down there a couple years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m surprised that so many people also like Semi Tough! It’s truly a hidden gem that’s quite fun to ski.

Quote Originally Posted by Newpylong View Post
    Northridge Expressway.
    You just gotta get you some Reverse Traverse

Quote Originally Posted by Orca View Post
    Ha! I would’ve thought that they would’ve flattened it out back in 2015 when they built the Valley House Quad. It’s quite the hike just to get over to Murphy’s and Heaven’s Gate.

Quote Originally Posted by shadyjay View Post
    My best runs at Sugarbush are LCR at South and Semi-Tough or (upper) Brambles at North.... both for the same reason. They see the least amount of traffic. Most who head down CR head for Cotillion or if they stick it out on LCR, they take Bailout. Brambles is rarely open to the public, but when it is, the top half is superb.

There are some great powder day runs I try to hit... Semi-Tough and Tumbler or Hammerhead at North. At south, Moonshine and Twist.

I still have never attempted Lift Line (at CR) or Rumble. I've done Black Diamond once or twice and Upper FIS a few times. Something about the cliffs and ledges on Upper Lift Line that steers me away every time. I can have more fun on CR, Cotillion, and Middle Earth.
    Rumble's toughness is overrated. Theres no mandatory air or anything like that. Not much steeper than CR or ME. Very narrow obviously but nothing that keeps you from turning. If you were good with BD and FIS then you're fine on Rumble.
    2003-2004: 21; 2004-2005: 27; 2005-2006: 31; 2006-2007: 31; 2007-2008: 38; 2008-2009: 43; 2009-2010: 42; 2010-2011: 46; 2011-2012: 33; 2012-2013: 26 2013-14: 18; 2014-15: 17; 2015-16: 7; 2016-17: 14; 2017-18: 23; 2018-19: 34

2019-20 days - 16
    Wachusett: 11/15, 11/21, 12/5
    Stratton: 11/26; Mt. Snow: 12/3; Killington: 12/8
    Sunday River: 1/21, 1/28; Snow King: 2/9
    Jackson Hole: 2/10, 2/11, 2/12, 2/13, 2/14
    Sugarloaf 2/23, 2/24

Quote Originally Posted by Orca View Post
    Oh yeah, gotta round out the full hiking effect in both directions.

The hardest part of Rumble is the drop in at the first part of the trail. I've noticed that it can be skied around but that's cheating! The hardest part of Liftline can be skied around too. I agree that if you can ski Black Diamond rush than you can ski Rumble. I remember getting down Black Diamond rush thinking that it wasn't much less difficult than Rumble. Atleast on Rumble there is no one watching you from the lifts above.

Tony
    Last edited by Tonyr; Dec 1, 2019 at 4:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyr View Post
    The hardest part of Rumble...
    Rumble and Robins Run @ Smuggs are pretty similar IMO. By "similar", they still both rank as a couple of the most unique challenging runs in the East. Trails to avoid on icy days for sure. Preacher at Bolton Valley too but not quite as long (probably narrower though).

This past spring in early April Rumble skied so good I lapped it. If it's windblown or sketchy I'll pass. To me the narrowness makes it more inviting than Castlerock Lift Line. There be tree skiing to the left hand skiers side as well.

I also really like Upper/Lower Twist and The Mall for spring moguls.
    2019/2020 season

Berkshire East [12/20, 1/7, 1/10, 1/22, 1/24]
    Bretton Woods [1/3, 1/30]
    Cannon [2/19]
    Gunstock [1/2]
    Mad River Glen [1/29, 2/11]
    Mount Snow [11/14, 11/21, 12/2]
    Pico [2/23]
    Smugglers Notch [2/12]
    Wachusett [12/16]

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyr View Post
    The hardest part of Rumble is the drop in at the first part of the trail. I've noticed that it can be skied around but that's cheating! The hardest part of Liftline can be skied around too. I agree that if you can ski Black Diamond rush than you can ski Rumble. I remember getting down Black Diamond rush thinking that it wasn't much less difficult than Rumble. Atleast on Rumble there is no one watching you from the lifts above.
    You might be the only person that I've seen use the full name for Black Diamond. Out of curiosity, do you refer to Ripcord, Twist, and Cruiser using their full names as well or is there something unique about Black Diamond that makes you use it there?

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    You might be the only person that I've seen use the full name for Black Diamond. Out of curiosity, do you refer to Ripcord, Twist, and Cruiser using their full names as well or is there something unique about Black Diamond that makes you use it there?
    I know the question is not directed at me, but I thought I’d chime in. I call Black Diamond Rush and Lixi’s Twist by their full names, but not Sigi’s Ripcord and Joe’s Cruiser.

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Isn't Black Diamond rush the full name of the run listed on the trail map, or is it just "un-cool" to use the trail's actual name?

Thread Information