• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

WF lodge destroyed by fire

Zermatt

Guess they didn't have working sprinklers, looks like a total loss.

How much food service did this provide for the ski area? Looks like at least 1/3. I wonder if they can get some sort of temporary operation setup (before Christmas).

If I was a passholder I'd want some sort of compensation or adjustment. Same for ticket holders. They need to adjust prices assuming paying customers are now saddled with dealing with far less food service.

skiur

How much food service did this provide for the ski area? Looks like at least 1/3. I wonder if they can get some sort of temporary operation setup (before Christmas).

If I was a passholder I'd want some sort of compensation or adjustment. Same for ticket holders. They need to adjust prices assuming paying customers are now saddled with dealing with far less food service.

Yeah, kick em when they are down! Some people are just entitled I guess.

Slidebrook87

Knowing ORDA, they probably won’t provide an alternative. It was quite a small lodge that probably didn’t even provide 1/3 of the food service. The food wasn’t great when I ate there. Too bad to see it go. It was a cool little place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FBGM

Wow. Because being able to eat your $25 burger and beer is what skiing is all about.

You’re a class act.

Slidebrook87

I don’t think I’d go as far as Billo did, but I would want some sort of compensation. Maybe a 10% discount in the cafeteria or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cdskier

I'd expect absolutely no compensation. But then again I go to ski areas to ski, not dine in their lodges. Now if a major part of the mountain couldn't be accessed due to a lift problem that went on for a while, then you'd have a case to make.

WoodCore

Sad to see this lodge go as I've enjoyed it's company on numerous occasions in the past. Regardless, although it was a great spot to warm up on a cold day, by no means was it the lifeblood of the mountain. It will be re-built bigger and better, maybe not this season but next for sure.

Tdizz

Wow. You must be a joy to go skiing with.