Snowshoeing at Catskill ski areas?

AlpineZone

Snowshoeing at Catskill ski areas?

Anyone know the uphill/snowshoe policy for Bell or Platty or Hunter? Can you cruise up the slopes? Designated trails?

might have a snow shoe-er with me this weekend.

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter...
    Quote Originally Posted by tnt1234 View Post
    Anyone know the uphill/snowshoe policy for Bell or Platty or Hunter? Can you cruise up the slopes? Designated trails?

might have a snow shoe-er with me this weekend.
    You can actually take the Flyer to the top and snowshoe out to the Fire tower.

Quote Originally Posted by andrec10 View Post
    You can actually take the Flyer to the top and snowshoe out to the Fire tower.
    Awesome. Buy a single use ticket? Or what?

Would they let you shoe all the way from the base?

Bellyare has a network of xc , snowshoe trails below the discovery base area. The cathedral glen trail goes up the mountain east of the ski trails, about 1400 verts. Bellyare is flat on top but make for the summit building area for views.
    Snowflakes matter

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter...
    Quote Originally Posted by tnt1234 View Post
    Awesome. Buy a single use ticket? Or what?

Would they let you shoe all the way from the base?
    Not sure, give them a call or check the website.

I know of people who regularly (and ostensibly legally) skin Hunter before the lifts spin, so that can be done too. I don't have too much more info but could find out. I'm sure you'll get the lowdown first. Rarely ever see an uphiller there during normal business hours though - it ain't Wildcat.

If you do go up the trails... Just keep it low key and stay out of the way of groomers...

Quote Originally Posted by So Inclined View Post
    I know of people who regularly (and ostensibly legally) skin Hunter before the lifts spin, so that can be done too. I don't have too much more info but could find out. I'm sure you'll get the lowdown first. Rarely ever see an uphiller there during normal business hours though - it ain't Wildcat.
    This would be for during reg. hours. Someone might head to the cats with us this weekend who skis, but also enjoys snowshoeing. So trying to figure out options. I'll call around tomorrow.

Thanks all.

Thread Information