• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snowshoeing at Catskill ski areas?

tnt1234

Anyone know the uphill/snowshoe policy for Bell or Platty or Hunter? Can you cruise up the slopes? Designated trails?

might have a snow shoe-er with me this weekend.

skimagic

Bellyare has a network of xc , snowshoe trails below the discovery base area. The cathedral glen trail goes up the mountain east of the ski trails, about 1400 verts. Bellyare is flat on top but make for the summit building area for views.

So Inclined

I know of people who regularly (and ostensibly legally) skin Hunter before the lifts spin, so that can be done too. I don't have too much more info but could find out. I'm sure you'll get the lowdown first. Rarely ever see an uphiller there during normal business hours though - it ain't Wildcat.

tnt1234

I know of people who regularly (and ostensibly legally) skin Hunter before the lifts spin, so that can be done too. I don't have too much more info but could find out. I'm sure you'll get the lowdown first. Rarely ever see an uphiller there during normal business hours though - it ain't Wildcat.

This would be for during reg. hours. Someone might head to the cats with us this weekend who skis, but also enjoys snowshoeing. So trying to figure out options. I'll call around tomorrow.

Thanks all.

legalskier

Anyone know the uphill/snowshoe policy for Bell or Platty or Hunter? Can you cruise up the slopes? Designated trails?
might have a snow shoe-er with me this weekend.

The wife enjoys Belle's system of snowshoe trails on the lower mountain off Discovery Lodge- it's free of charge. She doesn't go above that but I have seen people snowshoeing up top as well as x-country skinning up the trails- I believe a lift ticket is only required to use the lifts.

tnt1234

Bellyare has a network of xc , snowshoe trails below the discovery base area. The cathedral glen trail goes up the mountain east of the ski trails, about 1400 verts. Bellyare is flat on top but make for the summit building area for views.

TY

andrec10

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter..
The wife enjoys Belle's system of snowshoe trails on the lower mountain off Discovery Lodge- it's free of charge. She doesn't go above that but I have seen people snowshoeing up top as well as x-country skinning up the trails- I believe a lift ticket is only required to use the lifts.

Thats because its state land.

tnt1234

great - thanks