• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Superpasses: more crowds?

BenedictGomez

But they will take your money for the alcohol. It is the the height of hypocrisy.

Not really, because they legally cant ban alcohol.

If not for that fact, I imagine alcohol would have been banned in Utah at some point in our nation's history. But the Utah alcohol laws are really idiotic. Anything decent you generally need to get in a can.

Domeskier

Not really, because they legally cant ban alcohol.

If not for that fact, I imagine alcohol would have been banned in Utah at some point in our nation's history. But the Utah alcohol laws are really idiotic. Anything decent you generally need to get in a can.

The 21st amendment repealed prohibition but it doesn't prohibit state or local governments from banning alcohol. There may be commerce clause concerns that would need to be addressed, but I'm not aware of any federal law that would prevent Utah or any other state or local government from banning the sale, possession or consumption of alcohol if they had the political will to do it.

skiur

There are plenty of dry counties in the country, why couldn't there be a dry state?

dblskifanatic

Yeah, Copper was a bad example on my part because it's almost totally surrounded by EPIC. It's the unlimited isolates like Solitude & Sugarbush that will suffer. Specifically in the Sugarbush case, it will definitely peel away a certain percentage of people who went EPIC for Stowe, as well as current IKON folk who are forced to "settle" for Stratton. Sugarbush will be overrun next season.

Well Copper may not be a bad example. The line getting to the parking lots have been so long they they have been backed up on to the 70 for about a 1/2 mile. One of my coworker has the ikon and he does go there lately because lower mountain lift lines have been crazy especially on Saturday. Copper is the only good resort from the 70 for ikon pass holders. The 5 days at A Basin has not affected A Basin much.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

KustyTheKlown

smart denver based ikon holders have been skiing winter park not copper.

i havent skied copper this year (and i dont care for it in general and would be fine to never go back), but it was def a shitshow last season when i was there around xmas and mlk

winter park this year from 12/23-30 was not a shitshow at all. never had a significant line/traffic/crowds problem on that trip