Superpasses: more crowds? - Page 36

AlpineZone

Page 36 of 63 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 625
  1. #351
    Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Circumstantial Evidence pieces #88,062, #88,063, and #88,064.

    But please, do tell me about it being a great snow year & local season passholders skiing more.


    The factual evidence you seem to be waiting for will never happen, ski resorts don't publicly release daily skier visit counts and Vail and Alterra are never going to release any data that shows their passes may be contributing to crowding.

  2. #352
    Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    Does Jackson sell blackout season passes?

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Jackson did just recently start selling passes with blackout dates for holidays. It was only 170 cheaper on a 1470 pass so not worth it IMO

    Here is the pass structure and our early season pricing:

    https://www.jacksonhole.com/latest-n...il-X7QM4L.html

    Current pricing:

    https://www.jacksonhole.com/season-pass.html
    Live Free or Die
    137 days 08-09
    16 days 09-10

  3. #353
    kingslug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Stamford Ct and Stowe
    Posts
    4,963
    Today at Stowe was the most crowded..no blackouts. Still manageable...
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

  4. #354
    There were no crowds at Lincoln Peak - in my view a normal or even less than a normal Sat. Skied from 9- 3:30 20 people in front of me at Castlerock at 2:15.

    Few 5 min lines at Heavens Gate, 4-5 mins at both Valley House ( running slower than normal) and Super Bravo. North Lynx ski on or 4-5 mins.

    If you compared MLK or even the week after - there is no comparison - and I did see Ikon passes hanging from jackets.

    Everyone says this is the week they announce new pass prices and tiers - well, I expect to pay more than $800 or $850, but at even 10 days how can anyone debate the value of an $80 per day cost - for me 20 gives me $40 days.

    Trick at Sugarbush will be families - how are they affected?

  5. #355
    machski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Northwood, NH (Sunday River, ME)
    Posts
    1,861
    Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Jackson did just recently start selling passes with blackout dates for holidays. It was only 170 cheaper on a 1470 pass so not worth it IMO



    Here is the pass structure and our early season pricing:

    https://www.jacksonhole.com/latest-n...il-X7QM4L.html

    Current pricing:

    https://www.jacksonhole.com/season-pass.html
    I would agree with you on the differential. But everyone has a different level they want to spend. I would tend to think that wouldn't be a big number of passes but who knows. Doubt we'd ever see the data.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

  6. #356
    Smellytele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Right where I want to be
    Posts
    7,282
    I never pay 80 a day for a ticket in the East.


    Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

  7. #357
    Quote Originally Posted by kingslug View Post
    Today at Stowe was the most crowded..no blackouts.
    This is NOT normal.

    PDW Monday should never be by far the most crowded of the 4 days of the long holiday weekend. Outside of weather related travel interruptions or terrible weather, the normal pecking order should generally be: 1) Saturday 2) Sunday 3) Friday 4) Monday.

    Circumstantial Evidence piece #88,065.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC



  8. #358
    Today was day 45 for us between the three nh former peaks mtns. This year is undoubtedly more crowded than past years at all three. Crotched is the most noticeable, they stopped selling tickets again sunday afternoon, cops lined rte 47 with signs warning parked cars would be towed. Wildcat today felt crowded in the lodge but the hill felt normal for a holiday weekend, then again I was skiing stuff the average weekend skier wouldn't consider. Other observation is that wildcat was always known for the overall quality of skier, seeing all kinds of new shit at the nh properties this year: dude straightlining Pluto's on sunday with Jean's no hat or goggles and a lit cigarette in mouth, people who have never seen an angle load lift, dude on snowboard plowing through a group of race kids at top of lift, teenage girl going around the bull wheel and back down the quad, an unprecedented number of people that simply cannot load a lift, people sliding down natural terrain on their ass with rental skis in hand - never saw this kind of stuff in nh.
    Last edited by thebigo; Feb 17, 2020 at 5:25 PM.
    The true happiness of a man can be found in the mastery of his passions.

  9. #359
    Smellytele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Right where I want to be
    Posts
    7,282
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigo View Post
    Today was day 45 for us between the three nh former peaks mtns. This year is undoubtedly more crowded than past years at all three. Crotched is the most noticeable, they stopped selling tickets again sunday afternoon, cops lined rte 47 with signs warning parked cars would be towed. Wildcat today felt crowded in the lodge but the hill felt normal for a holiday weekend, then again I was skiing stuff the average weekend skier wouldn't consider. Other observation is that wildcat was always known for the overall quality of skier, seeing all kinds of new shit at the nh properties this year: dude straightlining Pluto's on sunday with Jean's no hat or goggles and a lit cigarette in mouth, people who have never seen an angle load lift, dude on snowboard plowing through a group of race kids at top of lift, teenage girl going around the bull wheel and back down the quad, an unprecedented number of people that simply cannot load a lift, people sliding down natural terrain on their ass with rental skis in hand - never saw this kind of stuff in nh.
    Sounds like the Crotch
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

  10. #360
    Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Circumstantial Evidence pieces #88,062, #88,063, and #88,064.

    But please, do tell me about it being a great snow year & local season passholders skiing more.
    Purely anecdotal, but it's my sense that there are a great many SLC locals holding limited IKON passes and that's why crowds were low at both Alta and Snowbird on the blackout dates of Feb 15 and 16, 2020. I believe there are also SLC locals to a lesser degree that hold Epic Local passes. I skied Park City today 2/17 and it was not too bad, but today the blackout was lifted. Various chairlift riders told me the previous two days were medium busy, not holiday weekend busy.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 1:51 AM.