Superpasses: more crowds? - Page 15

AlpineZone

Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 363
  1. #141
    machski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Northwood, NH (Sunday River, ME)
    Posts
    1,763
    Quote Originally Posted by nhskier1969 View Post
    Went to Tremblant aka "Disney Land". Photo taken Dec 30th. The line was on Both sides of the lift. You also had a line coming up the middle for Ski School.
    My Favorite line was their Gondola around 11a. After waiting 40 minutes in line, you come close to the Gondola but there is another line coming in, aka local pass and ski school. My family got separated when that happened and we took separate gondolas.

    Attachment 25925
    We went during Max pass days over MLK weekend. Saturday looked just like that, TGV quad line from both sides and easily a 30 minute wait. At least Lowell Thomas is a HSQ now on the North side vs a FGT. Alterra really needs to spend some $$ up there still. The North TTB HSQ needs to be upgraded to a bubble 6, maybe even an 8 like Big Sky. And both South Quads could easily be 6's too.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

  2. #142
    Oh man, that's brutal!
    Ugh... lift lines...

  3. #143
    Smellytele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Right where I want to be
    Posts
    7,091
    Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    We went during Max pass days over MLK weekend. Saturday looked just like that, TGV quad line from both sides and easily a 30 minute wait. At least Lowell Thomas is a HSQ now on the North side vs a FGT. Alterra really needs to spend some $$ up there still. The North TTB HSQ needs to be upgraded to a bubble 6, maybe even an 8 like Big Sky. And both South Quads could easily be 6's too.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app
    How would the trails handle all those 6s and an 8?



    Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Stowe has had a history of a big crowd at 7:30 on weekends peak season going back since I moved there in 95. As long as the weather wasn't total crap, there's a healthy crowd.
    I cant recall Sunday non powder day lines like what's in that picture at 7:30am @ Stowe. And the lines fill the photo, so I'm going on the presumption that it's even worse than what Kingslug was able to capture.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC



  5. #145
    Probably worse today sure, but I had definitely waited in some long lines at the Forerunner at 7:30 all the way back in the 90s. Full coral. I'm just stating there has always been a culture of early birds at Stowe that lines up early for the quad. After the first rush, it mellows out for an hour or so, then gets packed.

    Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

  6. #146
    Worst crowd I ever experienced was on a Sunday at Tremblant a couple of years ago. Luckily we were skiing for 3 days after, and the midweek scene was so much better.

  7. #147
    kingslug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Stamford Ct and Stowe
    Posts
    4,835
    It was a cold snowstorm that everyone thought would produce some pow skiing. Minus 10 windchill and heavy winds scoured it ..but we kept at it..The line mellowed out around 10 but the Gondi was on hold. The guy next to me was a long time local and was amazed at how crowded it was. Since I've only been going there for 2 years I have nothing to go on..But I'm sure the Epic has something to do with it. Met a lot of first timers there who said that the pass brought them there.
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

  8. #148
    machski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Northwood, NH (Sunday River, ME)
    Posts
    1,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    How would the trails handle all those 6s and an 8?



    Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Probably pretty well. They have a lot off of both sides and a lot of snowmaking firepower. For now, when it is open, The Edge pod usually has fairly short to non-existant lift lines due to much less snowmaking over there and only a FGQ. Much more interesting terrain in my opinion too, though the lower half is quite flat back to the lift.

    Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app

  9. #149
    machski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Northwood, NH (Sunday River, ME)
    Posts
    1,763
    Well, Sunday River has always had some crowds on weekends and holidays, but seems like this year has been worse. Crowds stayed up on Thurs/Fri last week, usually with Jan 1st being midweek, it goes quiet from NYD to the next weekend. Not this year, wonder if Ikon drove any of that. Most NH, ME and MA schools were back in session on Thurs. the 2nd I think.

    Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app

  10. #150
    Smellytele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Right where I want to be
    Posts
    7,091
    Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    Well, Sunday River has always had some crowds on weekends and holidays, but seems like this year has been worse. Crowds stayed up on Thurs/Fri last week, usually with Jan 1st being midweek, it goes quiet from NYD to the next weekend. Not this year, wonder if Ikon drove any of that. Most NH, ME and MA schools were back in session on Thurs. the 2nd I think.

    Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Saw some have that whole week off. Not my son but some others

    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 2:51 AM.