Superpasses: more crowds? - Page 16

AlpineZone

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Quote Originally Posted by nhskier1969 View Post
    Went to Tremblant aka "Disney Land". Photo taken Dec 30th. The line was on Both sides of the lift. You also had a line coming up the middle for Ski School.
    My Favorite line was their Gondola around 11a. After waiting 40 minutes in line, you come close to the Gondola but there is another line coming in, aka local pass and ski school. My family got separated when that happened and we took separate gondolas.

Attachment 25925
    made that mistake, twice. tremblant between x-mas and new years, and tremblant on "family day" weekend. awful terrible no good very bad experiences.

the only other time i skied tremblant was a random late-ish season (march or april) saturday, solo. that was ok. singles line was tolerable

its just too close to a major population center and too popular for holidays and peak season weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    How would the trails handle all those 6s and an 8?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    they wouldn't. its already a nightmare on the slopes with their current uphill capacity. you've never seen more novices in canada goose jackets on their butts on icy groomers in your life.

Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    they wouldn't. its already a nightmare on the slopes with their current uphill capacity. you've never seen more novices in canada goose jackets on their butts on icy groomers in your life.
    It's also fun waiting in those crowded lines with them. Hey I can force my way forwarded with the best of them, I grew up in Mass. But lines up in Tremblant is a whole new level.

Thats not the problem. The Mtn has way to many people on it. If you've been there you would know, they are a lot of beds at the base. And to make matter worse, they have all the main lifts off each face run to the top of the mtn. Its a cluster F**k ontop. Not much room up there with all the people.

Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    We went during Max pass days over MLK weekend. Saturday looked just like that, TGV quad line from both sides and easily a 30 minute wait. At least Lowell Thomas is a HSQ now on the North side vs a FGT. Alterra really needs to spend some $$ up there still. The North TTB HSQ needs to be upgraded to a bubble 6, maybe even an 8 like Big Sky. And both South Quads could easily be 6's too.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

Dont go to Tremblant on a weekend or holiday. Ever. Why would you even try to do that? Just dont.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Thread Information