• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

This weekend

spiderpig

Hunter was very good today..better than expected and colder than expected..uncrowded..blue skies..lower K27 had great bumps as well as upper xover..north side was firm and fast..clairs ..did not open. :(
But skied till 3 and had a good day..

Darn, I was scared off of going there on Epic due to the wind forecast and the detachables, went to Catamount on Indy instead (30 minutes closer drive) and they opened an hour late because the rain ended later there. Many bare spots, but skiable.

kingslug

A suprisingly good day..I thought the runs that were closed would stay closed..but once they warmed up..lookout and Racers opened which made it a little more interesting

bdfreetuna

Hunter was very good today..better than expected and colder than expected..uncrowded..blue skies..lower K27 had great bumps as well as upper xover..north side was firm and fast..clairs ..did not open. :(
But skied till 3 and had a good day..

Could more bad skiing possibly be captured in any single photograph? Wow. Snow looks good though.

kingslug

Lots of kids on upper xover and lower k..the ski school had a field day..was fun to watch..i did end up rescuing a lot of yard sale victims..skis and poles everywhere..

So Inclined

Lots of kids on upper xover and lower k..the ski school had a field day..was fun to watch..i did end up rescuing a lot of yard sale victims..skis and poles everywhere..

That would have been race team (?) or more likely just ordinary folks with their kids. You could count the kids in ski school today on one hand and have plenty of fingers left over.

machski

Just happy for the cold. Sunday River snowmaking on overdrive right now. Should be pretty nice no matter natural snowfall, any of that will just make it even nicer. Should be a good MLK weekend as it looks right now. Maybe not stellar, but I'll take it!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

KustyTheKlown

the dot gov. jay peak @ 2100 feet. weds night - thursday:

Wednesday NightSnow, mainly after 10pm. Low around 20. Light and variable wind becoming southeast 5 to 8 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.
ThursdaySnow. High near 25. Wind chill values as low as -4. Northeast wind 7 to 17 mph becoming northwest in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

no amounts allocated to sat-sun yet.

fbrissette

The NWS forecast is pretty good for Northern Vermont. It's a probabilistic forecast so you can also find the 90% and 10% forecast to figure out some measure of forecast uncertainty.

This is the median forecast (50% chance higher, 50% chance lower)
StormTotalSnowWeb1.png