• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

This weekend

tnt1234

as thinking about day tripping to the pokes sunday but hardly seems worth it.

Weekends like this make me appreciate rock climbing. Never rains in the climbing gym....

abc

Monday night into tuesday..might be something on the way...
That "something" better be wide spread snow! Or the mountain will be in sad shape with the holiday period starting. (I wouldn't be too happy either. But I can go to different places or do something else. Ski hills can't get into a cat and move to where the storm it)

Never rains in the climbing gym....
No rain in the spinning studio either. ;)

drjeff

Looking forward, and fingers crossed, for the "dry slot" from about 10 until 3 the forecast is calling for Mount Snow tomorrow! Soft snow, demo day and hopefully only drizzle for a few runs

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

chuckstah

I stayed local and skied Crotched today. Not bad on snow making trails, good recovery but the 2 plus feet of natural is gone. Still near a foot in my yard not far away. Hopefully there will be a window with both dry weather and soft snow to ski the next 2 days, and it's looking pretty optimistic.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using AlpineZone mobile app

Edd

Loon was not amazing today. South Peak opened with two trails loaded with death cookies top to bottom.

The main mountain was ok first thing but scraped off by lunch. They have squat for natural snow.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

ERJ-145CA

I skied Mountain Creek for a couple hours this morning. It was about 45 degrees and misting the whole time I was there but the snow was soft and fast and made for easy carving. Hardly anyone there so that's a bonus. The forecast rain never happened. I'm glad I went.

Sent from my SM-G970U using AlpineZone mobile app

Attachments

• 20191214_084150.jpg
    20191214_084150.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 124

Dickc

Gee, My plans for this weekend are a Friday mid morning trip to MGH in Boston to have my back operated on. I will be "in residence" at MGH for the weekend. Might be home just in time for Tuesday's snow which I will not be able to shovel or snow blow. Gonna have to bug my kids to bail me out on that!

I got discharged from MGH and home in time to watch the Pat's game yesterday. Not as sore as expected, and according to the docs, the surgery went well. I sure wish I could get liquid snow at home tomorrow and send all the frozen stuff north!

MEtoVTSkier

I got discharged from MGH and home in time to watch the Pat's game yesterday. Not as sore as expected, and according to the docs, the surgery went well. I sure wish I could get liquid snow at home tomorrow and send all the frozen stuff north!

Good to hear things went well. I'm sure it's still going to be a long time before you are back on snow, but at least you can see progress towards the future! ;-)

KustyTheKlown

wondering where to go this weekend. this storm is flip floppy, but seems to have flopped to a general consensus of stay north saturday to avoid any rain, and head south sunday to shorten the drive and ski ~5 inches of powder (probably a bit on the gloppier side).

am thinking sugarbush or burke saturday, rutland motel saturday night, and killington or stratton on sunday.

wildcard possibilities at smuggs or mad river saturday (but i think i want to save those freebies for later), or magic sunday if the storm produces big.

KustyTheKlown

yea i think its gonna be sugarbush and k to keep it ikonic. stratton could be a play sunday for an easy drive home, but a powder day will be wya more fun at killington

PaulR

I'm trying to get some wind reports for Sunday.
Looks like we might get some good groomer cover, but gusts 25+ I'm reading.
Maybe choose a smaller fixed-grip mountain?

Hawk

Predicting wind this far out is very tricky. It really depends on which direction it comes from at Sugarbush. In any case 25 is not so bad.