• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

This weekend

KustyTheKlown

nope. not worth it. gonna take care of errands, which mainly are ski related. need to get bindings off old skis and on to new ones, need the rust knocked off of my powder skis, and need to get my girlfriend her seasonal rentals, all in advance of colorado christmas.

drjeff

Mount Snow both Saturday and Sunday.

Some Gore-tex and the Demo Day on Saturday will make the probably "interesting weather" tolerable enough for some hours out on the hill. Sunday will be skiing under the resurfacing guns and making sure the edges on my carving skis are tuned for where they aren't resurfacing yet

abc

Mount Snow both Saturday and Sunday.

Some Gore-tex and the Demo Day on Saturday will make the probably "interesting weather" tolerable enough for some hours out on the hill. Sunday will be skiing under the resurfacing guns and making sure the edges on my carving skis are tuned for where they aren't resurfacing yet
What kind of skis will you be demoing in that "interesting" weather? Waterski? :)

I have the requisite Gore-tex, and the interest in trying out some carving skis. But I'm not sure what I'll be testing in that snow condition. Sunday maybe a better potential.

Pez

Too bad about the rain coming in friday... This was opening weekend at Blandford and I would have liked to get a few hours in there.

With the snow-pack and rain I found out the repairs I did around the bulkhead at home weren't enough. I see a green tarp in my future this weekend.

drjeff

What kind of skis will you be demoing in that "interesting" weather? Waterski? :)

I have the requisite Gore-tex, and the interest in trying out some carving skis. But I'm not sure what I'll be testing in that snow condition. Sunday maybe a better potential.

Not sure what I'll be demoing.... Not really in the market for anything to add to my quiver now. Often means that before I hit the bar in the afternoon for some apres, that I will have made a purchase of some new skis from one of the locals shops after just demoing for fun, rather than demoing with a purpose! Wouldn't be the 1st time that scenario has played out for me! :spin::spin::spin:

bdfreetuna

Need to make up for time after getting hit with nearly back to back colds. Totally intended to hit Magic's opening weekend but for my health sake glad I didn't push it.

Have a free Wawa ticket maybe I'll use Thurs or Friday. I don't care if it's frozen surface. I'm kind of digging the hard pack featureless surface lately (in addition to the rest). Going to try to get creative on some semi-local small-hill skiing once this almost-pnemonia situation wears off. I find small hills are often surprisingly good in this kind of weather pattern.

Then next week it looks like at least some snow coming, might do an overnight that Thurs+Fri since my wife will cut me some slack due to visiting her family for 4 days shortly thereafter ;)

Last edited:

Kleetus

Unfortunately have sat out the season thus far due to a lower back injury/sciatica. Looking like I may have started to turn the corner last week as I have been feeling steadily better and better every day with less and less pain. Will likely sit out this weekend given the forecast and giving myself more time to heal, but after that provided my condition continues to improve I'm getting out somewhere.

Missing out on this last weekend was agonizing, and hope this is the only one I miss rest of the season due to injury.

Edd

Friday at Loon, I think. Can’t say I’m excited about it but turns are better than no turns.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

jaytrem

Well at least the rain will cut down on the crowds. Maybe ski a bit in the morning then head to Brattleboro for $1 day ice skating.

Jcb890

Probably not going to bother, to be honest.
Riding/skiing in the rain if it's a drizzle or not much is one thing. But, I'm seeing maybe an inch of rain on Saturday. That sounds miserable. Not like 2 weeks ago where it was a drizzle/mix/mostly rain. That was bearable, but was also under 1/2" of rain I think.

Sunday is going to be a nightmare after the heavy rains and re-freeze overnight.

Hawk

Yup. Headed up. We go up every weekend or days off from opening day to closing day. Conditions be dammed. There is always something better to do in the Mad River Valley one way or the other.