• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

This weekend

slatham

I'm trying to get some wind reports for Sunday.
Looks like we might get some good groomer cover, but gusts 25+ I'm reading.
Maybe choose a smaller fixed-grip mountain?

25mph on the summits of VT is down right calm.......

kingslug

Stowe was windy and socked in at the top today..spring skiing...but they closed one of my favorite trails..chin clip which was great yesterday..also the middle of Starr...vail is rearing its ugly head...the locals are noticing...as i am too..

skimagic

Quick glance at webcams shows drizz at Stratton-Okemo, but snow down low at Killington .. hopefully enough to push me out the door tomorrow

JimG.

Staff member
Quick glance at webcams shows drizz at Stratton-Okemo, but snow down low at Killington .. hopefully enough to push me out the door tomorrow

I was at K yesterday. I thought it was really good. All of the lower angle trees were open/thin cover but very fun. Poached a run down Throne, that needs more snow as well as anything steeper. Open trails were fun also. Almost spring like.

Hoping this storm produces the 4-6" they're calling for, I'll be back up Mon Tues.

KustyTheKlown

Currently dumping fat flakes here at Mt Ellen

Just saw your message. Sorry I missed you. Good day at ellen. Started firm as fuck at 8 am. Softened substantially as 4” of snow fell by the time I called it at 3pm. Full gamut of conditions out there - mashed potato bumps, bulletproof hardpack, powder in the woods.

Hairy drive down 100 to rutland. Seems like less snow down here. K reported 3” but I don’t like the radar and forecast for additional accumulation tonight. Really don’t want to drive back north in the morning.

Any k intel out there from today?

Razor

Just saw your message. Sorry I missed you. Good day at ellen. Started firm as fuck at 8 am. Softened substantially as 4” of snow fell by the time I called it at 3pm. Full gamut of conditions out there - mashed potato bumps, bulletproof hardpack, powder in the woods.

Hairy drive down 100 to rutland. Seems like less snow down here. K reported 3” but I don’t like the radar and forecast for additional accumulation tonight. Really don’t want to drive back north in the morning.

Any k intel out there from today?

http://www.killingtonzone.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=1&sid=9d319154e6aabff9db81ba6d8699a9f2

hub8

Mount Ellen was really sweet today, especially upper mountain. Lower is a bit sticky and wet. Wished it were a bit less foggy.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

kingslug

Well that was a character building 1/2 day..the wet snow froze so whatever fell last night and today didnt stick too well..very windy and cold but a good ending to the week..one of my best weeks up here..