This weekend - Page 19

AlpineZone

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: This weekend

Need help deciding if a day trip to Waterville valley is worth it for tomorrow (weather wise). Two hour drive

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

honesty is the best policy. kudos to jay.

"Jay Peakers,

We’re just finishing an unbelievably good week with 100% of our terrain open thanks to two feet of natural snow and a bluebird day to cap things off yesterday.

Just in time for things to deteriorate headed into the weekend.

While we aren’t in the business of telling Raised Jay’ers to stay home, the conditions have been so great this week (and we’ve done such a good job of bearing that out in video and images across social), we did not want you arriving this weekend expecting more of the same.

In short, an amalgamation of forecasts show that we should start seeing some light precipitation today in the form of snow (it is now as of 10:30a at 1800’) followed by a changeover to rain by mid-afternoon. Winds will pick up throughout the day as well. We’ll see intermittent rain showers on Saturday with rain picking up later in the day and across the early hours of Saturday evening when temps drop and a changeover to freezing rain and ice happens for a period.

Winds are our main concern at this point, though, and we wanted to get this message out in front of you before you make the decision to drive to visit us. Winds will almost certainly impact operations both Saturday and Sunday, and although we’re expecting cold to settle into the region next week with natural snow and a return to snowmaking (and early looks at MLK weekend are very positive) we want to make sure you have access to the information, weather and data we do.

Every season is unique but, rest assured, the snow we’re famous for will fall and land again. For now, the wind that makes us equally infamous will be here this weekend. Please plan accordingly.

Thanks for your attention and your business.

Steve Wright
    President/General Manager"

Might be a good weekend for indoor skiing. My sister got the kids a 6-pack of tickets so that they can learn to snowboard. Should be interesting if nothing else.

Hitting Greek tomorrow, I expect it to be alot like last Saturday. I'll be dreaming of the two feet I skied yesterday.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using AlpineZone mobile app
    Leave no turn unstoned!

Clairs open at Hunter..
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter...
    Quote Originally Posted by kingslug View Post
    Clairs open at Hunter..
    Finally. Latest opening I can ever remember.

Pretty much..must be a vail thing?
    They did the same thing at stowe..the middle of national didnt open till last week..it had a ton of snow on it..
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Pez View Post
    this is feeling more and more like 2016
    I suspect if you find a thread from jan 10 2015, people were bitching about the terrible winter, then the pattern changed and we ten feet of snow in february. - give it another couple weeks.
    The true happiness of a man can be found in the mastery of his passions.

Something maybe brewing for next Saturday night/Sunday. Long ways off but I man can hope - even though I will be driving back from FLA Sunday and can't enjoy it.

2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

Rain holding off till tonight...and leaving in the morning..miised today but sunday should be ok
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Thread Information