• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

This weekend

KustyTheKlown

sip isn't a rare beer anymore. they distribute widely and do most of their production in connecticut.

mister moose

Drink Heady Topper and Sip of Sunshine...hard if not impossible to get here.
sip isn't a rare beer anymore. they distribute widely and do most of their production in connecticut.
Right, Sip should be plentiful in CT. I've seen stacks of cases for $13 a 4-pack. I think all of Sip is brewed by 2 Roads, only variants like Double Sip are made in Warren. Heady is also losing its quality and rareness, the last few times in the store it's well stocked and marked "only" 3 four packs of each Alchemist beer. (Heady and Focal Banger). Branch out some when in VT, you'll find some shining stars.

In your area NEBCO and Single Cut does a decent job, but it's not VT.

KustyTheKlown

singlecut was better when they were fully based out of astoria. they got a bigger facility upstate and the quality fell off some imo.

here in bk, i really like folksbier and threes. other half is good but i get a little exhausted with their infinite ipa varieties.

stopped at suarez near hudson on the way home from skiing after thanksgiving and have some nice bottles cellaring now

mikec142

I still love me some Heady. But that said, I really dig what Frost and Upper Pass are doing. If you're up in the MRV, can't beat finding Hillfarmstead on tap pretty easily.

MidnightJester

I Was originally planning on a Killington Saturday and Sunday riding Ugggggggggggg this is the last weekend to use 2 for 1 I have till April. They went from aprox 95 trails to 45 midday to 80 at closing which is hmmmmm. Now rain and Freezing

Is everything not on-trail and resurfaced going to be mostly ice??? Got frigid weather after this rain for almost 3 days. Not sure what the weekend is bringing weather wise either hoping for a slight shift to colder. for snow.
Thanks

Last edited:

drjeff

Right, Sip should be plentiful in CT. I've seen stacks of cases for $13 a 4-pack. I think all of Sip is brewed by 2 Roads, only variants like Double Sip are made in Warren. Heady is also losing its quality and rareness, the last few times in the store it's well stocked and marked "only" 3 four packs of each Alchemist beer. (Heady and Focal Banger). Branch out some when in VT, you'll find some shining stars.

In your area NEBCO and Single Cut does a decent job, but it's not VT.
I was at a beer pairing dinner Labor Day weekend at Mount Snow. Lawson's was the brewery featured. The Lawson's rep who was in attendance and telling us all about the beers and the companies history, explicitly said that Sip had never been brewed in VT, only at Two Roads. Now double and triple sip have never not been brewed in VT

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!

Wow you're right. NOAA being very aggressive. A further look on my part at the models shows it's not really a "torch" event like this was. The way the low pressure is tracking it *could* be not a total loss for places west of the Green mountain spine (if it does as depicted on the Canadian and the GFS rather than the Euro).

WWF-VT

Yup. Headed up. We go up every weekend or days off from opening day to closing day. Conditions be dammed. There is always something better to do in the Mad River Valley one way or the other.

Never know what the weather will be unless you are there. Need to get my Xmas tree at Kenyon's this weekend.

Orca

Standing down for this coming weekend. The forecast only lies sometimes. I'm betting it's telling a dismal truth.

kingslug

Pounding hard at my house in Stamford..too bad all the lifts are closed...at Mt Slug.
Tomorrow could be a Hunter day since I canceled my Utah trip...for work. :(
looking at Hunters web cams now..doesn't look like any damage at all. And they got an inch to top it off..
hmmmm
The guns are blowing..
I think if anyone can swing it..tomorrow might be a good day to get in if you bag the weekend..

Last edited:

Glenn

Weather is looking crappy. I'll probably wrench on the snowmobiles in the shed.

KustyTheKlown

killington's webcams show that they've appeared to weather the weather with minimal snowpack loss. compare with magic who were decimated, and that nasty photo of stein's someone posted this week. i'm off this week/weekend, but k looks like the best bet.

JimG.

Staff member
killington's webcams show that they've appeared to weather the weather with minimal snowpack loss. compare with magic who were decimated, and that nasty photo of stein's someone posted this week. i'm off this week/weekend, but k looks like the best bet.

+1 but weather looks nasty.