• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bad ski tune

beantownace

Hey all,

I assume the answer is obviously yes but I have a new pair of dynastar skis for my daughter
I had a reputable place tune them today but the bottom edge of the ski looks like they did a hack bad job
Agree or usual? I may take them back tomorrow say fix it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191214-202258_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20191214-202258_Gallery.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 215
  • 20191214_161612.jpg
    20191214_161612.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 211

WoodCore

Not a critical part of the ski, you should be fine. Might slightly alter the aerodynamics though.... :snow:

djd66

Not sure how that could happen. Was someone dragging them in a parking lot?

Did the shop charge you for a base grind? If they did,... it’s BS. As someone else said, definitely not a critical part of the ski, but it should not look like that after a full tune.

Smellytele

Hey all,

I assume the answer is obviously yes but I have a new pair of dynastar skis for my daughter
I had a reputable place tune them today but the bottom edge of the ski looks like they did a hack bad job
Agree or usual? I may take them back tomorrow say fix it.

Not reputable anymore. More like notorious.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Smellytele

The only thing I can think of is when they were taking them off the machine they lifted up on them unevenly before they were all the way through the rollers

56fish

Website
www.borderskirental.com
Seen them come off the machine like that but, the 'damage' is more consistent. What they look like when taken to shop? Couple passes with mill bastard makes go away. :beer::beer:

FBGM

Tunes and wax overrated. Especially for them jong weekend skiers.

400+ days on my one set up. Never tuned
Or waxed. WD-40 to clean bases.

Cornhead

A retired engineer at Greek swears by lemon Pledge, and he's hit 86mph...at Greek![emoji849] I wished I'd waxed my skis Saturday night, the snow was slow Sunday, pretty sure it would've helped. I've been using One Ball Jay Graphite the last couple years, almost slid off the conveyor before the chair arrived first time I used it. I guess the conveyor was icy, but never had that happen before.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using AlpineZone mobile app