• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Storm on the way

crank

We are at a friend's house with a view of Sunape. Well, can;t see the hill now everything is socked in. It is a mix here with less than an inch of some frozen substance on the ground...kind of a freezing mist right now. We are just hanging here for a few days on our way to Quebec for NYE then Ste Anne and Le Massif. With a possible stop to go xc skiing at either Kingdom Trails or north of the border at Mont Orford Tuesday.

Edd

We are at a friend's house with a view of Sunape. Well, can;t see the hill now everything is socked in. It is a mix here with less than an inch of some frozen substance on the ground...kind of a freezing mist right now. We are just hanging here for a few days on our way to Quebec for NYE then Ste Anne and Le Massif. With a possible stop to go xc skiing at either Kingdom Trails or north of the border at Mont Orford Tuesday.

Nice! Our group talks often about our trip up there last season. We’re keen to go back soon.

NYDB

From SoVT's Golden Triangle - freezing rain most of the night and now a very sleety snow mix. About an inch down at 9am .

Hopefully more accumulations at the mountains

snoseek

Anybody at cannon today?

Its snowing pretty good in raymond nh at the moment. Couple inches of dense base building snow...not that rockingham county needs it.

snoseek

Nice! Hope it stays frozen. Next couple should be fun!

Cornhead

Sleet makes an excellent base, had a fun day on 5" after freezing rain/ sleet a couple weeks ago. We're keeping our eyes on Magic for New Year's Day, free tickets on the Freedom Pass, so even if it isn't stellar, only out gas money.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using AlpineZone mobile app

sledride

Also looking at Magic or Black on Freedom pass for the 1st. We'll see how this storm pans out.

abc

Morning at Wildcat was more dust-on-crust. But it improved considerably after lunch as more snow had fallen.

I have high hope tomorrow morning will be quite good given more snow is continue to fall overnight.

abc

Sadly, there’s no significant increase in trail counts. I’m getting slightly bored lapping the same 5 trails (top to bottom) same as yesterday...

(I think I’ll go cross country skiing in the afternoon)

crank

Got about 3-4" of snow on top of 2+ inches of dense mix. Still coming down lightly. We are heading north from Sunape and will stop off at Kingdom Trails for xc on the way to Quebec.

abc

Sadly, there’s no significant increase in trail counts. I’m getting slightly bored lapping the same 5 trails (top to bottom) same as yesterday...

(I think I’ll go cross country skiing in the afternoon)
I have to take back all my negativity! :oops:

Wildcat is GREAT today!!!

Powder everywhere, pepper with some rocks and some slick ice. Freaking fantastic!!!

(not going to xc ski today. that can wait)

Last edited:

deadheadskier

Staff member
I’m taking all that negativity back!

Wildcat is GREAT today!!!

Powder everywhere, pepper with some rocks and some slick ice. Freaking fantastic!!!

(not going to xc ski today. that can wait)
Glad you're having a better day. When it's just groomer skiing, Cat can get old in a hurry. Once the natural terrain opens, it's got everything you need to keep you smiling all day

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

abc

Glad you're having a better day. When it's just groomer skiing, Cat can get old in a hurry. Once the natural terrain opens, it's got everything you need to keep you smiling all day
"Smiling all day" was exactly it!

Many of the natural terrain got barely enough snow coverage to thread one's way down. But all that rock dodging actually adds to the appeal! (minor ski base dings notwithstanding). Got lucky with patrol rope drop right in front of me. So got to surf some good 6" freshie. Bring smile to our face.

Was contemplating going over to Attitash this morning. Silly me! What was I thinking? :oops: Glad I stuck it out with the Cat! :thumbup: May consider going over tomorrow though. Or maybe not...;)