• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski vid shot by drone

skiur

Most every ski resort has a no drone policy, they probably make exceptions for professional filming, but amateur drones are prohibited. Just think of the liability if someone got hit and hurt by a drone while skiing.

Glenn

Most every ski resort has a no drone policy, they probably make exceptions for professional filming, but amateur drones are prohibited. Just think of the liability if someone got hit and hurt by a drone while skiing.

I saw that policy pop up on Stratton's website a year or so ago. I imagine more areas are leaning that way. Plus, I bet they want to control as much of the messaging of conditions as they can.

bdfreetuna

The camera angles and how it tracks so well is amazing.

One of my cousins had his drone out and used it to harass a few hawks flying in circles over the house. That was fun but I'm guessing this ski drone is pretty advanced and with a high level operator.

Addryn

The camera angles and how it tracks so well is amazing.

One of my cousins had his DJI drone out and used it to harass a few hawks flying in circles over the house. That was fun but I'm guessing this ski drone is pretty advanced and with a high level operator.
Probably the hawks were confused by this
Yes, it would be nice to film the skiing process with a drone, but the possible consequences and the need for a quality camera will always stop me

Last edited:

2Planker

So do I - shot one down last month over our back 40
So sorry