• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Has anyone hit Blue Mountain yet this season?

asnowmobiler

Day 7 there yesterday.
Yesterday was the first day open to the valley. They opened very early but have been slow to add much. Upper Main St was fantastic all morning, lower wasn’t bad either. Falls was firm and fun, but you had to keep an eye out just below because of all the Cookies. Lazy was fun to cruise for a while till I saw how good MS was.
Planing on going back Sunday and Tuesday.

tnt1234

Pretty much ski on the whole time we were there. (9:30-1ish) Whch surprised me. Snow was pretty soft. Couple of slick spots.

Looks like they will have Challenge open soon, and Racer Edge not long after that.

Was a nice day to be outside.

asnowmobiler

Challenge was open Christmas Eve and it was firm.. Main Street, Paradise, Midway and Falls were great, Razor's was not open yet.

tnt1234

Thinking about heading there tomorrow. Not totally sold. We're flying to Big Sky Wednesday, so not sure I need to subject myself to the drive and possible crowds.

Domeskier

Surprisingly, crowds weren’t bad at all yesterday. The six pack had a 5 or 6 chair wait and was occasionally ski-on. Top to bottom hero bumps on Main Street if you count the skier-made line that began across the trail from where Barney’s ends.

Griswold

Nice, thanks for the report. Thinking of going Tuesday. Think there will still be bumps or will they groom those out?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Domeskier

My guess is that the groomer-made bumps on Barney’s will still be there. I expect them to plow down the skier-made line on lower Main Street like they did after last weekend, though.

Griswold

How were the seeded ones? Might be sad but I only want to go if there are bumps worth skiing!

Domeskier

The seeded ones were really nice. Decent sized with multiple good lines. A lot better than I had expected based on some photos I saw when they were first seeded.

Griswold

Glad we went today. Must have done Barney’s 20 times 9-2 and called it a day. It’s kinda sad Blue has what may be the best bumps on the east coast right now. Really wish more mountains would maintain some seeded bumps.

powhunter

If anyone is up there this weekend how about a mogul report? Thinking of heading up there Monday Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Griswold

Any recent bump reports? Thinking of going tomorrow, anyone else going to be there?