• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Has anyone hit Blue Mountain yet this season?

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Any recent bump reports? Thinking of going tomorrow, anyone else going to be there?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

South of Blue probably an 1 1/2” #%%* Rain .

Got an email yesterday 39 out of 40 trails open . I would be surprised if that didn’t change. Tomorrow 40 and sunny, should be some spring bumps.

Any Camelback beta ? going Monday night

camberstick

Camel has been a shit show this year with the new management, skiied well friday but horrible lifelines. Been a rough season this far.

gorgonzola

cookies for breakfast yesterday morning and had to leave before it softened up, but heard everything (bumps included) was skiing nicely later

saw some pics of our old groomer doing a fine job at cameltoe

Lefty4514

Went on Sunday for the 3rd time after a big rain and each time the moguls have been prime (thanks to it staying warm). Being somewhat new to skiing at Blue, do they leave the moguls on Barney’s all season or has there been times when they groom and don’t reseed for a while?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Last edited:

asnowmobiler

I’m not a bump skier but I can say that Berney’s was seeing a lot action on Sunday.
Friday was hero snow on most trails when I showed up late around 1:00, best so far I’m my opinion and Sunday was very good as well from 8:00 till noon when I hit the bar.

TyWebb

Skied Elk (Sun) and Blue (Mon) MLK weekend both weren't insanely packed. Elk got skied off very early and lots of ice. LEft around 2 and watched the FBall games with my son at the hotel. Morning was easy on an off front two lifts but stayed away from them btwn 11-1. Blue ski'd really nicely till 2'sh then lots of ice patches. Called it a weekend around 3.

Any news on either Epic or Ikon purchasing either Elk or Blue? ... top two in my neck of the woods IMHO. I'd bite on one of those passes, would schedule all my east coast sking arnd it and would finally get out west

TyWebb

Camel has been a shit show this year with the new management, skiied well friday but horrible lifelines. Been a rough season this far.
Worse thn usual?

I stopped going there after last year as it was my sons last 4th-5th ski free year. Both kids learned to ski there so I have a soft spot for it but it is just so insanely crowded on weekends

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Worse thn usual?

I stopped going there after last year as it was my sons last 4th-5th ski free year. Both kids learned to ski there so I have a soft spot for it but it is just so insanely crowded on weekends

More a morale thing, some people were working there for 20yrs weren’t re hired with the new ownership. Wasn’t too bad last night given this years weather challenge. A few Rock Candy bumps on Margies . I never go there on a weekend .

Domeskier

Went on Sunday for the 3rd time after a big rain and each time the moguls have been prime (thanks to it staying warm). Being somewhat new to skiing at Blue, do they leave the moguls on Barney’s all season or has there been times when they groom and don’t reseed for a while?

Barney's is usually bumped up all season. They groom it out occasionally but almost always reseed at the same time. I think there was a week this season where they didn't reseed after grooming due to (a purported) lack of snow. That is really rare in my experience. I've been going there for the past 4 or 5 seasons and have never had a groomer day. They occasionally seed a few other trails such as Nightmare and The Chute. In the last week or two of March they seed Razor's Edge top to bottom for some of the best spring bump skiing you can find in the East. One caveat: I hear the guy who used to seed the bumps is working at Camelback this season. Not sure what, if any, impact that will have on the bump scene at Blue.

Lefty4514

Barney's is usually bumped up all season. They groom it out occasionally but almost always reseed at the same time. I think there was a week this season where they didn't reseed after grooming due to (a purported) lack of snow. That is really rare in my experience. I've been going there for the past 4 or 5 seasons and have never had a groomer day. They occasionally seed a few other trails such as Nightmare and The Chute. In the last week or two of March they seed Razor's Edge top to bottom for some of the best spring bump skiing you can find in the East. One caveat: I hear the guy who used to seed the bumps is working at Camelback this season. Not sure what, if any, impact that will have on the bump scene at Blue.

Good news and thanks

tnt1234

Are they seeding at camelback this season?

camberstick

Was there any fresh snow on marjies or just frozen granular? Not much resurfacing this year so far

tnt1234

Whats' the weather for Sunday? Might go somewhere if I can.

Cornhead

"i was inspired by tuna" is not a phrase one often will hear in life
Ha, reminds me of when my son was little and saw a picture of a gigantic tuna that was caught and was along the side of a boat, probably in National Geographic. He wouldn't eat tunafish sandwiches afterwards. I guess he was uninspired by tuna. Terrified of tuna perhaps.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using AlpineZone mobile app