Has anyone hit Blue Mountain yet this season?

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Has anyone hit Blue Mountain yet this season?

How is it looking?

Day 7 there yesterday.
    Yesterday was the first day open to the valley. They opened very early but have been slow to add much. Upper Main St was fantastic all morning, lower wasn’t bad either. Falls was firm and fun, but you had to keep an eye out just below because of all the Cookies. Lazy was fun to cruise for a while till I saw how good MS was.
    Planing on going back Sunday and Tuesday.

leaving for Blue in a bout 20 minutes...

It was awesome today, bunch more open and not a lot of people until now.

Pretty much ski on the whole time we were there. (9:30-1ish) Whch surprised me. Snow was pretty soft. Couple of slick spots.

Looks like they will have Challenge open soon, and Racer Edge not long after that.

Was a nice day to be outside.

Challenge was open Christmas Eve and it was firm.. Main Street, Paradise, Midway and Falls were great, Razor's was not open yet.

a little birdie told me Razors opened this morning, bumps seeded on Barneys
    "that feeling: hovering in a weightless space with honey on the tip of your tongue and pure red blood gorging your heart, soaring on a current of angelic music cutting clear mountain air." -norman ollestad, crazy for the storm

Thinking about heading there tomorrow. Not totally sold. We're flying to Big Sky Wednesday, so not sure I need to subject myself to the drive and possible crowds.

If you start at 8:00 it shouldn’t be to bad a couple hours, after that it’s going to be very busy.

Quote Originally Posted by asnowmobiler View Post
    If you start at 8:00 it shouldn’t be to bad a couple hours, after that it’s going to be very busy.
    Sounds about right.

I guess I'll see what the kids want to do.

Thread Information