Breckenridge day trip 12/27/19 - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonyr View Post
    How long did you want in line at Peak 7?
    seemed like FOREVER lol.. but i didn't check the clock. the singles line was up past the fencing around the base of the lift

shit happens, wear a helmet.

2019/20
    Breck - 12.26 12.27 1.4 1.26 2.17
    Keystone - 1.12
    Monarch - 2.1
    Taos - 3.7

Quote Originally Posted by gmcunni View Post
    seemed like FOREVER lol.. but i didn't check the clock. the singles line was up past the fencing around the base of the lift
    Wow, sounds bad! In hindsight we should have split up and gone in the singles line rather than waiting as a family in the regular line. The singles were moving much faster. We would have shaved at least 20 minutes off the wait.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using AlpineZone mobile app

We park in F lot for an easy walk to the Quicksilver lift at Peak 9. We generally go from there for a few runs on Peak 10 some decent trees there and minimal traffic. However, from the trees there is a long run out back to the lift. From there we will often take Mercury super chair and head as far as we can to skiers left and hit runs that get you to the valley where the mid point is for Peak 8 Connect is then ski toward Chair 6 then options open up either take Chair 6 to Imperial lift and ski the bowls or head to E Chair for tree runs one of our favorite areas. We avoid Peak 7 altogether since the line there is always long. Peak 8 has a quad and a 6 person lift and those lines can look long but the lifts are fast and lines move quickly. We ski Peak 8 generally around lunch when lines are better. The T Bar line can get long but I like the choices from that lift. Open bowls that head into light tree areas. Peak 6 is generally pretty quiet but you have to hike a bit to get to the better runs. Zendo Chair that gets you Kensho is super slow so if you can ski Wanderlust.

We will ski a few runs later in the afternoon at Peak 9. We have never experience bad lift lines there either.

We ski Breck at least a dozen times per season and I love the terrain variety. The weekend to avoid any Vail resort is Presidents Day weekend.

BTW we used to park at the Gondolas in town that gets full fast. Then tried parking at the Airport for free as mention earlier and to the shuttle but that seemed to chew up time. We eventually learned of the F Lot area and from there you can shuttle or walk.

Breck and Keystone often gets dumped on in this forum but there is a ton of great runs at both places. I will take them and the snow any day.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Quote Originally Posted by gmcunni View Post
    was there yesterday. we started the morning on peak 7, lines were pretty bad. moved to 6, it was't crowded. then worked our way eventually to 9. 9 was pretty busy too.
    Peak 7 is always the worst so we avoid it! Peak 9 is often best early morning and mid afternoon. We look at times in the Epic Mix App, while not perfect it helps. It is like Waze and lets you know how it is now and not necessarily when you get there.

Quote Originally Posted by dblskifanatic View Post
    We park in F lot for an easy walk to the Quicksilver lift at Peak 9. We generally go from there for a few runs on Peak 10 some decent trees there and minimal traffic. However, from the trees there is a long run out back to the lift. From there we will often take Mercury super chair and head as far as we can to skiers left and hit runs that get you to the valley where the mid point is for Peak 8 Connect is then ski toward Chair 6 then options open up either take Chair 6 to Imperial lift and ski the bowls or head to E Chair for tree runs one of our favorite areas. We avoid Peak 7 altogether since the line there is always long. Peak 8 has a quad and a 6 person lift and those lines can look long but the lifts are fast and lines move quickly. We ski Peak 8 generally around lunch when lines are better. The T Bar line can get long but I like the choices from that lift. Open bowls that head into light tree areas. Peak 6 is generally pretty quiet but you have to hike a bit to get to the better runs. Zendo Chair that gets you Kensho is super slow so if you can ski Wanderlust.

We will ski a few runs later in the afternoon at Peak 9. We have never experience bad lift lines there either.

We ski Breck at least a dozen times per season and I love the terrain variety. The weekend to avoid any Vail resort is Presidents Day weekend.

BTW we used to park at the Gondolas in town that gets full fast. Then tried parking at the Airport for free as mention earlier and to the shuttle but that seemed to chew up time. We eventually learned of the F Lot area and from there you can shuttle or walk.

Breck and Keystone often gets dumped on in this forum but there is a ton of great runs at both places. I will take them and the snow any day.

Thanks for all of the info we considered parking at the F lot as well but it was full too by the time we got there. I agree that there are tons of great runs at both Keystone and Breck, you have over 6k acres of skiing between the two mountains. Other than the price without a pass and crowds at Breck certain weekends I can't understand why the terrain would get dumped on. You have an incredibly large variation of terrain between both mountains, we had a great time.

Tony

Thread Information