• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

It's so bad you have to pay people to move to Vermont

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdfreetuna

I thought they were gonna knee cap Sanders but unless the Antichrist reveals himself the (D) don't have a candidate. Maybe they were actually stupid enough to think Biden was the guy? Sanders is the only one with an actual voting bloc. Hillary killed her chance by bad-mouthing Sanders and Barack's partner Michelle hasn't done anything to improve they/thems image lately.

I think if Obama does that you'll find out pretty quickly how his former voters have already moved on. Some (like myself) toward the other side. The other half disagrees with Obama about toning down SJW / woke / cancel culture and are fully intent on escalating it and in fact even moreso if given the chance as revenge politics.

JimG.

Staff member
Let's keep things light and non-political please. The discussion is about Vermont, not specific political players.

1dog

lack of competiton across state lines. Thats a huge part of it.

Quick example of a pol who did help with this - one I never voted for but you ghotta give credit where credit is due - Commerce Insurance Co in MA had one of the largest lobbying arms in MA - still - Gov Patrick deregulated auto insurance enough that more companues could come in and compete - pretty much everyone got $200 knocked off their bill due to ( I'm making up a #) 30 insurance companies competing instead of 6.

That would not make him a good candidate for President - yet he runs. . . . .

There are 900 or so health insurance companies in the USA - but 5 hold the majority of the market - most are limited to a few states - imagine letting them run in any state they wanted? And limit coverages to what we chose?

Spring_m_high said it best - 26th yet we spend the most - get government out of the way and the competiton and the quality rise - same with public ed. #1 in spending#23 in stats.

See a pattern here?

One thing we are # 1 in - government spending and government employment.

Orca

Let's keep things light and non-political please. The discussion is about Vermont, not specific political players.

The comment about Bernie's hair was strictly about fashion!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.