• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

It's so bad you have to pay people to move to Vermont

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edd

New York is eliminating toll booth workers and just scanning your plate and sending you a bill if you dont have an EZ pass, so you're getting scanned and tracked regardless. I'm not sure what these people think they're hiding from

Conspiracy theorists never run out of boogey men.

abc

I know some who've been through tough times. I wouldn't be surprised if many live paycheck to paycheck as I did until a couple years ago able to start putting some money aside. I've never bought a new car and have never owned a home, although the latter hopefully happening in the next year or so.

Just saying you can't see people on an internet forum. If someone doesn't post for a month, they could have been in Switzerland, or they could have had a hard time paying their bills, gone to jail/rehab/mental illness treatment, etc.
Were you regularly posting on the forum when you were living pay check to pay check?

I lived pay check to pay check at one point of my life. But I wasn't busy posting on forums. I was busy attending school and taking online courses to up my income!

But then, I wasn't skiing much either.

bdfreetuna

Conspiracy theorists never run out of boogey men.

For the last 3 years it's been almost exclusively Donald Trump as the primary target of conspiracy theories (not really rich / Russian collusion / charitable foundation / WW3 / secret white supremacist / Impeachment over Biden corruption, etc etc)

It's good to diversify your conspiracy theory portfolio. Not all eggs in one basket. That's why the other side is being vindicated on the corruption they've been calling out.

Were you regularly posting on the forum when you were living pay check to pay check?

I lived pay check to pay check at one point of my life. But I wasn't busy posting on forums. I was busy attending school and taking online courses to up my income!

But then, I wasn't skiing much either.

Yes literally until 3 years ago I never had more than $3,000 in the bank and usually much less. I'm still just saving up for down payment on a starter home with my wife.

My job is on the internet so online forums is no biggie, helps with the inevitable ADD that comes with programming. I'm also happy with my career and my job in particular, I make decent income but I had bills to pay and situations to deal with until my life got settled down.

Also I wouldn't give up skiing so easily just because it was hard to afford. That's probably why I have a habit of skiing all over the place for as cheap as possible. Worked out pretty good, and I married a Psy Doctor so we'll be able to have a nice life without too much extravagance.

Last edited:

EPB

For the last 3 years it's been almost exclusively Donald Trump as the primary target of conspiracy theories (not really rich / Russian collusion / charitable foundation / WW3 / secret white supremacist / Impeachment over Biden corruption, etc etc)

It's good to diversify your conspiracy theory portfolio. Not all eggs in one basket. That's why the other side is being vindicated on the corruption they've been calling out.
Ha - this thing has gone too far off the rails. I think I'm signing off for a while. As a consolation, at least most of the left did diversify away from the "we invaded Iraq to steal their oil" conspiracy.

Sent from my VS988 using AlpineZone mobile app

flakeydog

Worried about EZ-Pass tracking? I guess the don't realize Law Enforcement now has access to fixed and mobile plate scanning cameras/technology, capable of scanning 60 plates PER SECOND! All traffic they pass and meet, and sitting parked on the side of the road and in parking lots, as they just routinely drive around on patrol.

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20141027/17253728959/vermonts-automatic-license-plate-readers-79-million-plates-captured-five-crimes-solved.shtml
https://www.sevendaysvt.com/OffMessage/archives/2018/04/23/many-police-agencies-in-vermont-stop-using-license-plate-readers
https://legislature.vermont.gov/Documents/2020/WorkGroups/Senate%20Transportation/VTrans%20General%20Testimony/W~Shawn%20Loan~2018%20Automated%20License%20Plate%20Recognition%20Systems%20Report~1-16-2019.pdf

Another good reason to live here. We are done with this crap in 2020. Other states not so much.

bdfreetuna

Well, he also believe Obama was born outside of the US.

How about Obama spying on Trump via FISA abuse and foreign government collusion before/during and after campaign? One of those conspiracy theories now proven true. We'll see what happens when that sweater string begins to unravel.

These days you have to give real consideration to the likelihood that if mainstream media jumps on something as a conspiracy theory, they're engaged in a cover-up.

after all Epstein didn't kill himself

Last edited:

VTKilarney

always blows my mind that this northeastern ski board is basically a klan rally half the time.

You’d think that a lawyer would be able to actually debate an issue rather than just toss out baseless, hyperbolic ad hominem attacks.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
The GOP should pay for that video & turn it into a campaign commercial in urban areas. This bogus, "voter suppression" nonsense is a white liberal canard that is (as the video demonstrates) ironically, racist.

It doesn't shock me, having grown up & lived in liberal areas almost my entire life, white liberals are about the most racist people that I know. I would classify these Caucasian liberals as, "accidentally racist" in the fact that they're wholly & completely unaware that their beliefs are in fact racist, but their belief that black people are helpless & cant tie their shoes without government aid is about as racist as it gets. This video is a phenomenal example of that general belief.

Sadly voter ID will be made irrelevant due to electronic voting . My local district uses Diebold machines ,I'm handed a card Vote and hand it back .....Recount ? Recount what ?

I have no F ing idea if my vote was recorded . When I buy a dam hamburger at a fast food joint I leave with more proof !!!:blink:

deadheadskier

Staff member
You’d think that a lawyer would be able to actually debate an issue rather than just toss out baseless, hyperbolic ad hominem attacks.
While not quoted, pretty sure Krustys comment was in response to another poster stating that White Liberals are the most racist people in the country. Was that not a baseless, hyperbolic ad hominem attack as well? How do you debate that issue with someone who carries such a belief? It's pretty unlikely you'll convince them to see things differently.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

BenedictGomez

It's how left-wing people tend to view the world (if they're being honest) & demonstrates political psychology in a nutshell.

Right-wing people tend to view left-wing people as naive or misinformed, but essentially normal upstanding people.
Left-wing people tend to view right-wing people as evil and bad and greedy, and not good people at all.

Thus liberals often bat away ideas, logic, policies etc... which counter their world-view with ad hominem attacks and/or without even actually considering or pondering them. Ironically, this gives the right an advantage in politics, as the right tends to understand its' foe better than the left.

There's a fantastic book on this and I cant remember the title, but I learned of it from watching Jon Stewart about 10 years ago. The author was a hard-core, gay, urban, liberal, who forced himself to move to rural America to try to understand Conservatives. At the end of the experience he remained socially liberal, but became more conservative with most all other issues & now considers himself a moderate, but left-of-center.

KustyTheKlown

While not quoted, pretty sure Krustys comment was in response to another poster stating that White Liberals are the most racist people in the country. Was that not a baseless, hyperbolic ad hominem attack as well? How do you debate that issue with someone who carries such a belief? It's pretty unlikely you'll convince them to see things differently.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

It was that and the absurd Fox News man on the street segment. Acknowledging historical systemic racism and supporting government action to try and right those wrongs makes white liberals the racist ones? No.

KustyTheKlown

What makes the man on the street segment absurd? Times change racism is dying... let it die .

everything about it is absurd. its heavily edited snips. he targeted Berkeley college kids (and some of them are super cringey - i'm sure plenty of good takes from UC kids are on the cutting room floor). and then black people in harlem. nyc is not where voter ID and 'getting to the dmv' is a problem. its about rural places and states in the south that actively try to minimize minority voting. its cherry picked bullshit edited together to support a point he knew he wanted to make before he ever turned on the camera.

this is southern governments taking racially inspired action to suppress minority votes. reuters is no huffington post. this is just one example pulled in about 10 seconds of research. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...es-in-recent-years-rights-group-idUSKCN1VV09J

Last edited:

VTKilarney

everything about it is absurd. its heavily edited snips. he targeted Berkeley college kids (and some of them are super cringey - i'm sure plenty of good takes from UC kids are on the cutting room floor). and then black people in harlem. nyc is not where voter ID and 'getting to the dmv' is a problem. its about rural places and states in the south that actively try to minimize minority voting. its cherry picked bullshit edited together to support a point he knew he wanted to make before he ever turned on the camera.
So you support voter ID in New York City?

Status
Not open for further replies.