• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Anyone been to jay

kingslug

Change of plans..with above freezing temps today at Stowe then a freeze tonight, stowe is the better option today..jay tomorrow. ..snow on the way so i think they will have better conditions.

bdfreetuna

Jay's been 100% open for a few days now, even the Face chutes etc, so conditions can't be *that* bad.

Thinking about a Wednesday trip up that way

bdfreetuna

^ I didn't see that. KingSlug what gives? How you gonna leave Jay after 1 run, could it have really been that bad?

Smellytele

My sons and friends (late teens/ early 20's) were there yesterday, Showed up a little late. Slug left before the snow got there. Sons were skiing woods and the face shoots. If he judge Jay by 1 trail he is a little impatient. If I judged Jay by any of their on-piste trails, let alone 1, I would never ski there.

kingslug

Well i ended up on ullr with 2 locals..it was coral..they said they never seen it this bad..
Doesnt matter..Stowe was well worth going back..I dont know Jay very well at all..only been there a few times.
It worked out..ill be back

fbrissette

Which is why I didn't want to venture into them if they were ice.

The woods are always good unless we get rain followed by cold. The few intermediate groomers typically see windy conditions and lots of traffic on artificial snow -perfect recipee for ice. Jay is a great Mountain if you only use groomers from one glade to the other.

The Sneak

Dude I don’t really do the steep trees and there’s plenty of tree skiing at Jay for me, from Timbuktu all the way over to Beaver Pond and Andre’s....and a bunch in between.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk