Mad River Glen - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mad River Glen

I ski there a bunch with locals that have skied there for years. When skiing the 19th Hole we have always cut more to the right once the traverse starts down hill and they referred to that as the 20th Hole. I am not saying that you can't get there from the long trial but we have never done that. We also cut left every time to get back to the bottom of the area. The trail to Mad River Barn was only reserved for the last run of the day and when we planned it in advance to leave a car or have someone meet us there. I guess you can now take the bus if it is running.

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    A visual helps... the path I'm referring to you can see at top of UFO bowl, 2nd turn Upper Antelope, then you ski down the "UFO Bowl", cross "meeting place" and you're back at the lift after skiing across Lower Antelope through the woods on the other side.

Skiing down to the Barn sounds like some nice tree skiing too though

Attachment 25971
    The bottom of the 19th hole actually comes out much lower on the mountain then shown on that map. Also the trail to the barn is actually a cut trial that is open. You can ski on either side of it but you have to be careful or you may end up up or down the road from the barn and could very well have a flat out to deal with.

The 19th is the trail from LA to the Barn. The 20th is the stuff off Antelope and puts you back onto LA just at/above Marten which then lets you get back to the base. That map is basically accurate. That said, neither of these trails are Mad River Glen Ski Area/Cooperative property and skiing it is not under our control.

Thanks for clarification I guess I've been skiing 20th then. I think I'll stick with that because I don't want to end up down the road.

2019/2020 season [*powder day]

Berkshire East [12/20, 1/7, 1/10, 1/22, 1/24] Bretton Woods [1/3] Gunstock [1/2] Mount Snow [11/14, 11/21, 12/2*] Wachusett [12/16]

Thread Information