• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What’s going on at Greek Peak?

asnowmobiler

I have off on Friday and wanted to Ski Greek before the rain arrives, so I checked their site and it shows only 16 runs out of I think 56.
Last year it was similar when I wanted to go, is this normal?
I’ve never been there and now I’m starting to wonder if it’s even worth ever going.

camberstick

Been watching the report also and slow start for sure. Seems that the hotel water park model of business isnt good for
skiing as is what is happening down here at camelback as well.

Cornhead

Things started out really good a Greek this season. They installed over 100 permanent tower guns and opened two weeks before Thanksgiving with 3 trails, Odyssey, Illiad, and Karyatis. We've also had some pretty good mini powder days, 5 inchers, that were fun poaching days, rock skis required. Olympian had a good foot with zero base a couple weeks ago. It's been rough lately. Warm, rainy, no snow. Expanding trail count has been tough. Trojan is now open, along with Mars off chair 5.

I was planning on skiing there today. I was hoping for another mini powder day. Forecast was for up to 5" last night, but they got just an inch. I went to McCauley Mt in Old Forge instead. 6" yesterday, 27" over the last 5 days. It was great, only $25.
IMG_20200109_103219568.jpgIMG_20200109_103604427.jpgIMG_20200109_105448883.jpgIMG_20200109_105453011.jpgIMG_20200109_114705157.jpg

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using AlpineZone mobile app

Sirbannedalot

Slow start? They opened with more than they normally do 2 weeks before they normally do. There is only 3 trails left to make snow on and open of the man made trails and one of them was getting snowmaking today, Zeus. Idk what you are talking about. Maybe the report is messed up or not updated. Greek is notoriously bad at updating the website and giving any good reports.

skibum636

At $77 for a ticket it’s not worth ever going. Of the 16 runs they have open makes for 4-5 actual decent runs. And btw the visions express is fixed grip quad that stops every 3 minutes.

Sirbannedalot

At $77 for a ticket it’s not worth ever going. Of the 16 runs they have open makes for 4-5 actual decent runs. And btw the visions express is fixed grip quad that stops every 3 minutes.

Exactly. You have to have a pass for it to be worth it. Glad day ticket prices are up to keep the riff raff out and the slopes/chairlifts empty.

asnowmobiler

I decided check out Mountain Creek instead, mostly because the rain will start much later south and east. They are both on the WNEP ski Card so if I sucks, I’m not out much$$

Cornhead

Exactly. Glad day ticket prices are up to keep the riff raff out and the slopes/chairlifts empty.

Not all the riff raff, we still ski there!

Glad to see the hill finally get some love after years of spending money elsewhere. I wish them success on the nonskiing side. I guess I they host tons of wedding receptions. Profitable with little or no lines sounds good to me. Now if they could just figure out how to get people on the chairs when there is a line, I'd be happy.

Sirbannedalot

Not all the riff raff, we still ski there!

Glad to see the hill finally get some love after years of spending money elsewhere. I wish them success on the nonskiing side. I guess I they host tons of wedding receptions. Profitable with little or no lines sounds good to me. Now if they could just figure out how to get people on the chairs when there is a line, I'd be happy.

Don't forget for them to keep the jagged rocks off the unloading ramps.

asnowmobiler

9D683646-A1DC-4B81-BDED-1C119E0229B7.jpgI finally got to check out Greek today for the first time. I like it but I’m sure I would like it if they had more open. It started as mostly frozen cord and is now starting to soften up a bit, becoming more hero like snow
I wouldn’t be surprised if there more employees than skiers here, not good for the mountain but I’m loving it.

Attachments

• B382807A-261B-4EA7-A615-CE1D1E254923.jpg
    B382807A-261B-4EA7-A615-CE1D1E254923.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 57

Cornhead

Welcome to my world. Skied really nice this past weekend, considering how shitty the weather's been.IMG_20200202_135825472.jpg

asnowmobiler

I bailed on it, didn’t feel like skiing in freezing rain. I’m bummed I didn’t at least try it for and hour but the roads to Placid were still okay and figured they would turn to shit soon enough.

Cornhead

I bailed on it, didn’t feel like skiing in freezing rain. I’m bummed I didn’t at least try it for and hour but the roads to Placid were still okay and figured they would turn to shit soon enough.
Don't blame you, if you ever have the chance to ski it after some lake effect it is sublime. Jim G and I hit it on a $12 Friday with two feet of fluff. What a deal!

ScottySkis

Bump
8 lift tickets to Greek for 400!$$
Approx 50 a day of skiing

""Don’t forget the 8 pack is back!! These are shareable with friends and family. Limited quantities available. $398"

KustyTheKlown

whats the low down on greek? its on the indy and under 4 hours away, and being so far west i imagine it can get some of that lake effect. just under 1000 vertical. seems worth it. t2b double blacks and glades on the map. how does the place ski? those woods and steeps legit at all?

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
whats the low down on greek? its on the indy and under 4 hours away, and being so far west i imagine it can get some of that lake effect. just under 1000 vertical. seems worth it. t2b double blacks and glades on the map. how does the place ski? those woods and steeps legit at all?

I went in crappy conditions for a two day PISIA clinic last year. I didn't see anything that would be crazy fun (four hours drive worth of fun). I don't think it was 1000 vertical either.

Also, the only chairlifts I've been on where I was questioning the safety of.