• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ban on cell phones in VT

2Planker

Some places still jam the signal. My sons school does as do so government facilities.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Many hospitals will jam cellphones, as it can affect telemetry in use.... Less common now, but was pretty much SOP 5-10 years ago

abc

Not funny at all!

They’re selling illegal items and they know it. They’re basically criminals selling guns without license. So there’s no point in using half truths.

Like the phone calls I got every few days, they’re con artist (actually they’re only working for the con artist). I even ask them if they know what they’re doing are illegal, they answer without hesitation it’s perfectly legal!

Last edited:

deadheadskier

Staff member
Many hospitals will jam cellphones, as it can affect telemetry in use.... Less common now, but was pretty much SOP 5-10 years ago
Yeah, no longer the case. I can't think of a single time in the past five years that I've had conversations with hospital IT regarding telemetry frequency and cell phone interference. Most telemetry manufacturers these days use proprietary networks that aren't affected by cell phones or other WiFi devices.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

jimk

Enjoying the anti-cell phone banter in this thread. I love 'em for about 30 mins per day. Hate 'em the other 23.5 hours.:flag:

Hawk

Not funny at all!

They’re selling illegal items and they know it. They’re basically criminals selling guns without license. So there’s no point in using half truths.

Like the phone calls I got every few days, they’re con artist (actually they’re only working for the con artist). I even ask them if they know what they’re doing are illegal, they answer without hesitation it’s perfectly legal!
Really? Your comparing selling a cell phone jammer to an illegal firearm? An item that basically stops Millennial's and addicted middle aged women from obsessively looking at their phone to a weapon type that kills 1000's of people a year. Me thinks you are in that first group I mentioned. ;-)

bdfreetuna

Fun fact, about 1/3 as many people die each year from distracted cell phone driving as homicides by gun.

Also brain tumors have gone up drastically in the last couple decades, more often than not it's on the side people hold their cell phone. Don't have numbers but it's a real thing.

(1) In France, Coureau et al. (2014) found a two and a half-fold greater risk of meningioma for heavy cell phone users (defined as 896 or more hours of lifetime use) (OR = 2.57; 95% CI = 1.02 to 6.44).

(2) In Australia, Canada, France, Israel and New Zealand, Cardis et al. (2011) found a two-fold greater risk of meningioma for heavy cell phone users (defined as 3,124 or more hours of lifetime use) (OR = 2.01; 95% CI = 1.03 to 2.93).

Brain tumors have now surpassed leukemia as #1 cause of childhood cancer deaths.

Last edited:

abc

Really? Your comparing selling a cell phone jammer to an illegal firearm? An item that basically stops Millennial's and addicted middle aged women from obsessively looking at their phone to a weapon type that kills 1000's of people a year. Me thinks you are in that first group I mentioned. ;-)
It's illegal!

What more do I need to say? And you're justifying it as "less illegal" than another serious illegal act?

Yes, you're the the 2nd group I didn't mentioned. ;)

Last edited:

Smellytele

Fun fact, about 1/3 as many people die each year from distracted cell phone driving as homicides by gun.

Also brain tumors have gone up drastically in the last couple decades, more often than not it's on the side people hold their cell phone. Don't have numbers but it's a real thing.

(1) In France, Coureau et al. (2014) found a two and a half-fold greater risk of meningioma for heavy cell phone users (defined as 896 or more hours of lifetime use) (OR = 2.57; 95% CI = 1.02 to 6.44).

(2) In Australia, Canada, France, Israel and New Zealand, Cardis et al. (2011) found a two-fold greater risk of meningioma for heavy cell phone users (defined as 3,124 or more hours of lifetime use) (OR = 2.01; 95% CI = 1.03 to 2.93).

Brain tumors have now surpassed leukemia as #1 cause of childhood cancer deaths.

Luckily my kids don’t talk on the phone they just use social media and watch videos constantly.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

kbroderick

On the plus side, nobody under 30 makes or takes phone calls anymore, so those numbers should get better pretty quickly.

BenedictGomez

When I saw them putting television screens on refrigerators, I knew we'd reached the point of technology just for the sake of technology.