Mlk - Page 10

AlpineZone

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Mlk

Today and tomorrow will be the best days...while we are at work. But at least its delivering.
    tomorrow looks a bit brisk:
    Moderate to heavy snow expected through this evening. Highest snowfall amounts of 6-10 inches will likely be along the International border and western slopes of the Green and Adirondack Mountains. 3-6 Inches expected outside the warning. Cold temperatures and brisk winds will bring wind chills to -15 to -25 F early Fri morning in parts of the Adirondacks and much of central-northern Vermont. Read More >

Last edited by kingslug; Jan 16, 2020 at 11:12 AM.
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Web cam at MRG looks great. The ones at Stowe are rather useless. Still pics?
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

6 inches on my deck in Fayston (@1200 ft). Steady snow, wind picking up a bit. 26 degrees. If it weren't for a 1;30 conference call....

How's MRG this weekend ?..still pounding up there..single chair is running.
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

jay is not running the flyer tomorrow due to cold. however it does look like the tram will run. i'm selfishly hoping neither run and the entire tramside is preserved for saturday

Will there be additional upslope snow after the Saturday/Sunday storm? If so, what’s the typical timing of upslope? 24hr?

I ask because I had a xc lesson appointment on Monday morning. But if there’s upslope snow Sunday night into Monday morning, it’s lousy to have xc lessons when it’s actually snowing. I have the option to cancel by end of Saturday. Not to mention if there’s a few inches sunday night, I’d prefer to downhill Monday morning.

5 inches of upslope snow after 4PM, 13 inch storm total. Mostly sunny with areas of blowing snow this morning. Highs around 3 above. Northwest winds 20 to 35 mph. Wind chill values as low as 37 below. Wind Chill Advisory in effect until 10AM EST.
    A bit brisk

Went to a happy hour for the ski club in NYC...not one person knew about the meltdown, conditions, etc. A whole room full of people who don't ski the East anymore...
    Last edited by kingslug; Jan 17, 2020 at 6:38 AM.
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Quote Originally Posted by kingslug View Post
    Went to a happy hour for the ski club in NYC...not one person knew about the meltdown, conditions, etc. A whole room full of people who don't ski the East anymore...
    And information is so readily available today with the Internet...

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    And information is so readily available today with the Internet...
    What's the point of information? What do I care about the moon phase and the tide in the middle of winter, even though it's "readily available" on the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by kingslug View Post
    A whole room full of people who don't ski the East anymore...
    Back to this weekend. Wildcat is close all day due to wind. Must be real bad up there.
    Last edited by abc; Jan 17, 2020 at 8:57 AM.

tram and flyer both closed, and ullr's closed for snowmaking. only access to tramside is via bonnie hikes, on a day with a -1 degree high. tramside will be primo tomorrow.

Thread Information