Mlk - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Mlk

Half of Stowe is closed..going to need a lot to get it open..this weekend will be pretty jammed up.

Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Quote Originally Posted by kingslug View Post
    Last year I was in JH...think that will be the plan for now on..
    I always do my first western trip in January, precisely for that reason.

Not necessarily on MLK weekend though, as I had passes that are blackout. MLK weekend is often my “rest” weekend after the madness of Christmas-New Year. (I’ve skied Christmas out west & in Japan the last 4-5 years). MLK weekend is too close to New Year for me to pull a second “away” trip. So I rest and plan for a trip in late January-early February.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyr View Post
    I've skied the last 4 years on MLK weekend in VT. Once at Stratton and Killington and twice at Stowe. Saturday and Sunday is really busy Monday on is not so bad. Saturday is definitely going to be the worst day.

Tony
    Now thinking of staying local in Pa, Elk Sunday and Blue Monday.

Though snow is forecasted in Vt and itís only Tuesday, with the amt of terrain currently open it may make really crowded into ridiculously crowded. Travel time and expense may not be worth it for those long lift waits. Game time decision maybe and depends on lodging availability but right now Pa mts will probably be the call.

Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    Ah the weekly kingslug questionable decision

I would avoid epic/ikon destinations like the plague this weekend, and north/East is king

Iíve got a room reserved in Lyndon and hopefully will storm ski jay Saturday and leftovers at Burke Sunday. Nickle-dime snows tues weds and Thursday, potential big storm sat>sun
    Not sure if it's been posted further down in the thread, but Ikon is blacked out for base pass holders, so I would think that would actually reduce the crowds, all other things being equal.

Quote Originally Posted by keyser soze View Post
    Not sure if it's been posted further down in the thread, but Ikon is blacked out for base pass holders, so I would think that would actually reduce the crowds, all other things being equal.
    Agreed. The reason that resorts on the Ikon Pass will be extremely crowded is simply that they are some of the "premiere" resorts in New England, so they tend to get very crowded during holiday weekends. The Ikon Pass being blacked out helps to reduce crowds, all else being equal, but that loss will be wayyyyy more than offset by the holiday weekend crowds.

N Haledon, NJ/Jewett, NY/South Seaside Park, NJ
    I'll be down the shore..............I NEVER ski on MLK weekend, total Shi$show.
    NEVER SUMMER!

How big is the sat storm gonna be ? Will Berkshire East or Magic get enough snow from it? Day tripping from RI, canít get way up north this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this holds true..going to be a lot of frozen people..which may thin the herd;
    https://www.mountain-forecast.com/pe...forecasts/1339
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Monday is already the most quiet day of MLK weekend. Cold Monday won’t stop people from skiing Saturday and Sunday, especially with Sunday a powder day

Quote Originally Posted by kingslug View Post
    Half of Stowe is closed..going to need a lot to get it open..this weekend will be pretty jammed up.
    From experience I'll bet lots and lots is closed because its a bit too firm for those "epic" tourists. They are expecting 2 storms >6" and most terrain will open.
    2018/19 = 36
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

Thread Information