• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mlk

KustyTheKlown

while i'm really glad to see the pattern shifting to favor the east, now i'm starting to worry about utah feb 7-16.

tumbler

while i'm really glad to see the pattern shifting to favor the east, now i'm starting to worry about utah feb 7-16.

Wow that's some Nostradamus stuff there. I'm worried it might rain on my tee time on May 12th :smile:

Zand

Finally actually going to ski this weekend. Will follow the best snow but expecting to end up at Sugarbush or Sunday River. Nothing like taking 6 weeks off in the middle of the season to get you out of the groove but I'm ready to make up for lost time.

KustyTheKlown

Wow that's some Nostradamus stuff there. I'm worried it might rain on my tee time on May 12th :smile:

lol. yea i know its crazy to worry about 3 weeks out, but the general trend on open snow this morning has warm temps in utah and co and the jet stream east of the rockies. its pure conjecture, but enough for me to go ugh

15791484027b8f13c344f9c19f92c47e48de1b6653.jpg

kingslug

Im worrying about the end of this month..high pressure ,sun,high temps..in Austria. Happened 2 years ago while utah got hammered. Just read an article about this..might be my last trip out there..

KustyTheKlown

mad river reporting 6-8" and opened the double

im itching to get out of work and up north. still gotta make it thru today and tomorrow.

kingslug

Today and tomorrow will be the best days...while we are at work. But at least its delivering.
tomorrow looks a bit brisk:
Moderate to heavy snow expected through this evening. Highest snowfall amounts of 6-10 inches will likely be along the International border and western slopes of the Green and Adirondack Mountains. 3-6 Inches expected outside the warning. Cold temperatures and brisk winds will bring wind chills to -15 to -25 F early Fri morning in parts of the Adirondacks and much of central-northern Vermont. Read More >

Last edited:

Boxtop Willie

6 inches on my deck in Fayston (@1200 ft). Steady snow, wind picking up a bit. 26 degrees. If it weren't for a 1;30 conference call....

KustyTheKlown

jay is not running the flyer tomorrow due to cold. however it does look like the tram will run. i'm selfishly hoping neither run and the entire tramside is preserved for saturday

abc

Will there be additional upslope snow after the Saturday/Sunday storm? If so, what’s the typical timing of upslope? 24hr?

I ask because I had a xc lesson appointment on Monday morning. But if there’s upslope snow Sunday night into Monday morning, it’s lousy to have xc lessons when it’s actually snowing. I have the option to cancel by end of Saturday. Not to mention if there’s a few inches sunday night, I’d prefer to downhill Monday morning.

kingslug

5 inches of upslope snow after 4PM, 13 inch storm total. Mostly sunny with areas of blowing snow this morning. Highs around 3 above. Northwest winds 20 to 35 mph. Wind chill values as low as 37 below. Wind Chill Advisory in effect until 10AM EST.
A bit brisk

Went to a happy hour for the ski club in NYC...not one person knew about the meltdown, conditions, etc. A whole room full of people who don't ski the East anymore...

Last edited:

cdskier

Went to a happy hour for the ski club in NYC...not one person knew about the meltdown, conditions, etc. A whole room full of people who don't ski the East anymore...

And information is so readily available today with the Internet...

abc

And information is so readily available today with the Internet...
What's the point of information? What do I care about the moon phase and the tide in the middle of winter, even though it's "readily available" on the internet?

A whole room full of people who don't ski the East anymore...

Back to this weekend. Wildcat is close all day due to wind. Must be real bad up there.

Last edited:

KustyTheKlown

tram and flyer both closed, and ullr's closed for snowmaking. only access to tramside is via bonnie hikes, on a day with a -1 degree high. tramside will be primo tomorrow.