Mlk - Page 6

AlpineZone

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Mlk

isn't silverton the fucking dreamiest?

when we went last year there was ~20 foot high avalanche debris on both sides of the road with fully grown trees snapped and embedded in the debris like peanuts in a snickers bar.

Quote Originally Posted by GregoryIsaacs View Post
    I posted in an earlier thread to no avail. Which of these mountains are considered the safest bet for avoiding weekend crowds:

• Vail
    • Breck
    • Keystone
    • Loveland
    • Abasin
    Loveland!

Don't know if you're buying day tickets. Loveland is also cheaper than the others.

But if you're buying day ticket and are indifferent to the price, perhaps the Vail mountains with the holiday blackout on the Epic Local pass, would actually be less crowded than say, Abasin?

Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
    Loveland!

Don't know if you're buying day tickets. Loveland is also cheaper than the others.

But if you're buying day ticket and are indifferent to the price, perhaps the Vail mountains with the holiday blackout on the Epic Local pass, would actually be less crowded than say, Abasin?
    This is for the end of Feb/first week of March so no EPIC blackout dates. Have half price tickets at Abasin and Loveland. We would prefer to keep Loveland for a mon/tuesday to truly have the mountain/free cat skiing to ourselves.

non holiday i wouldnt be overly concerned about any of them. just be careful with driving up and down 70. its a crawl on a saturday morning. the mountains do a pretty good job at spreading the crowds.

Well, if it's just any weekend instead of MLK weekend, I think they'll all be equally crowded.

Back to MLK, is it going to be just decent "refreshed" condition or a powder day on Sunday?

depends where you are. if you are in northern vermont, its a powder day. anything north of 2/89 is going to get 8"+ between now and thursday. i would not be at all surprised to see double digits. then they get another 8"+ w/possible double digits sat into sun.

i'd be way less optimistic about killington and points south

Ok, I guess I'll hold on and wait to see how much the mountains get by Thursday afternoon.

I'm holding a pretty darn expensive hotel reservation for the weekend in northern NH. I have till Thursday 6pm to decide if it'll be worth keeping it.

Yes, I know I sound greedy. But last time a powder day was forecast (New Years eve), the 10" fell on bare rocks. While it was fun dodging rocks, this weekend I'll be doing it at double the lodging cost!

$80 roadside motel in lyndonville for the win.

Good for you.

I'm looking at $150 at North Conway. (but I ski Wildcat for free)

Thread Information