• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mlk

slatham

Will there be additional upslope snow after the Saturday/Sunday storm? If so, what’s the typical timing of upslope? 24hr?

I ask because I had a xc lesson appointment on Monday morning. But if there’s upslope snow Sunday night into Monday morning, it’s lousy to have xc lessons when it’s actually snowing. I have the option to cancel by end of Saturday. Not to mention if there’s a few inches sunday night, I’d prefer to downhill Monday morning.

Little to no snow Sunday night. Monday likely clear, and cold.

tnt1234

Wow - that sounds ideal for Jay.

I'm thinking of driving to S.vt sat. night. Would love to hit Magic if they get big snow totals. But Bromly or Snow might be the safer play - 6-8" on top of a manmade base would be a nice day. The crowds at Snow would be a big negative though.

tnt1234

might be hard driving to get up to the mountains saturday night. Or even sunday morning to the cats...

Plans evolving....

tnt1234

feeling like hunter with 6-8" sunday might be a good call - easier drive saturday night, or sunday morning. Lots of trails open, so the fresh snow would be on open terrain....wonder if they would from it all to hell. And of course the crowds...

Can you buy tickets at Hunter north base?

Feeling like even 12-15" won't open the goods at Magic.

drjeff

Currently 6 degrees with little wind at about 2100 feet across the street from Mount Snow with the distinct hum of a crap load of fan guns turning about 12000 gpm of water into snow across the valley when I just put the cover back on my grill.

Had to clear about 8-10" of snow off of my deck before grilling (with my deck's exposure to the prevailing winds it usually drifts in 3-4x what actually fell snow wise for full disclosure sake). As much as it's going to be a ZOO at my home hill this weekend, with their Snowmaking firepower recovery wise, and probably close to a foot on the way in the next 36hrs, it's going to be a polar opposite to last weekend!

Waxed up 8 pairs of skis for the family tonight.... New demo's for the wife (Kästle FX95's) since she delamed both skis of her daily driver Völkl Kenja's 2 weeks ago at Bromley with our kids at a race [emoji849] .... Fresh coat of sno-seal on everyone's Kinco's... Let's get this weekend going!!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

Looking at this now that it's incoming, I'm inclined to think it's going to under-perform these lofty predicted totals. Hopefully I'm wrong.

crazy

Looking at this now that it's incoming, I'm inclined to think it's going to under-perform these lofty predicted totals. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I hope you are wrong, but the forecast totals have gone down as the week has progressed. The Wednesday/Thursday storm over performed. I hear that this storm will under perform.

abc

What holiday crowd?

(well, looks like the photo upload function is broken!)

anyway, not much crowd at Wildcat. Maybe it’s the cold. Or maybe it’s just Wildcat not a busy place...

snoseek

What holiday crowd?

(well, looks like the photo upload function is broken!)

anyway, not much crowd at Wildcat. Maybe it’s the cold. Or maybe it’s just Wildcat not a busy place...

It really doesn't get that bad there imo..
At least that's been my past experience. Except for loon nh is manageable compared with other places.

tnt1234

Gonna drive up to the catskills this afternoon with my daughter. Ski either hunter or bell tomorrow. Hope it snows hard.

bdfreetuna

FWIW if you have black out dates on things like Ski VT or Ride and Ski Card.... Mount Snow does not black-out Monday the 20th (regular deals apply)

KustyTheKlown

Jay skied awesome today. Entire tramside was basically untouched after being closed Friday. Legit first tracks on face chute>alligator alley>expo glade, Tuckerman>quai, Andres and beaver pond

Crowds not an issue. Flyer went down for about 15-30 min which caused minor chaos. 8 am to 1030 am was bliss. No line tram laps

ECDED32C-BEE3-498C-AE60-BB94C0943A98.jpg