Mlk

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mlk

Mlk

Wondering who will recover best from this last torching event. The resorts that blow the most but get less natural or points North which may have a good storm coming. Going to be interesting, all those people sliding around.
    Thoughts?

Lets go!
    I'll drive.

I'd prioritize the least crowded mountain.

I would aim for mountain that gets good natural up north, as most mountain with a lot of "blowing" capacity tend also be crowded destination resorts.

Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
    I'd prioritize the least crowded mountain.

I would aim for mountain that gets good natural up north, as most mountain with a lot of "blowing" capacity tend also be crowded destination resorts.
    At this point ( still far out) is seems to be an eastern storm. Cannon is showing 90% chance of snow Saturday as is Pats peak and Wildcat but sugarbush and Stowe are showing only snow showers...

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

Thats the dilemma...My pass is for Stowe but they don't blow a lot..and will be very crowded.
    Not a fan of holiday skiing but what the hell. Killington is also an option as they can blow a ton
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Ah the weekly kingslug questionable decision

I would avoid epic/ikon destinations like the plague this weekend, and north/East is king

I’ve got a room reserved in Lyndon and hopefully will storm ski jay Saturday and leftovers at Burke Sunday. Nickle-dime snows tues weds and Thursday, potential big storm sat>sun

Forecast is for "some" snow midweek in the northern sector. So I'm optimistic the northern mountain will be back to pre-thaw position.

The southern mountain had lost much of the early snow they made. So they don't have a huge advantage over the northern mountains.

One option is go north with some less crowded mountains in mind. If the storm materialize, you're golden. If the storm fizzle out, well, at least you won't have to battle the crowd.

The mega-pass resorts are going to be more crowded than indis. And the situation will be intensified on a holiday weekend. That's just something I'm resigned to. Fortunately for me, I have cross country to fall back on.

Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    Ah the weekly kingslug questionable decision
    Equally guilty here. Add me to that same "weekly decisions" too... After all, that's the freedom and flexibility I have when I'm not locked in by flights, hotel and rental car 2 months in advance.
    Last edited by abc; Jan 14, 2020 at 9:31 AM.

Weekend storm has serious potential to be a major event lets say north of I90 as of now. Where the heaviest bands set up is TBD. Just need to watch, and I would suggest NOT using pretty phone apps to do so.
    2018/19 = 36
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

At least from my place in Stowe we can go to a few places..maybe take off Tuesday as well.
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post

I would avoid epic/ikon destinations like the plague this weekend, and north/East is king
    Ikon Base is blacked out this weekend...so that will at least give those resorts a bit of relief from some of the Ikon passholders.

But it will be an EPIC one...
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Thread Information