Mlk - Page 5

AlpineZone

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Mlk

Going to be scratchy for a while..even after the storms..
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Quote Originally Posted by tnt1234 View Post
    6" on top of man man snow can make for a fun morning, but this weekend it will all be blasted in an hour I suppose.

My only chance is Sunday this weekend. We don't close for the holiday, so its a regular weekend for me. Might try catskills if the Sat. storm hits, but boy, Hunter is gonna be a jam packed shit show and Belleayre really got clobbered by the torch. and it looks like Platty is essentially closed....like three trails survived....
    Haven't been to Hunter in many years and was thinking about it for Monday MLK day. I may just suck it up and go with the flow and deal with the crowds. I'll wait till Sunday to see the trail count

Yeah, it will be a tough call for me, might wait until Monday. I might be taking ownership of a re-homed dog on Sunday, the owners are driving it into New England for me. Saturday might have to be the clean the house day and ski on Monday. I will probably hit up Magic, and bring my rock skis to switch into if I feel adventurous!
    LET IT SNOW ALREADY
    Ski it like you stole it!

I think i'll try Breckenridge for a day trip Monday. shit show crowded i'm sure but hoping it breaks up around lunch as the people there for long weekend get on the road. Forcast for monday looks pretty good - Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.

shit happens, wear a helmet.

2019/20
    Breck - 12.26 12.27 1.4 1.26 2.17
    Keystone - 1.12
    Monarch - 2.1

Quote Originally Posted by gmcunni View Post
    I think i'll try Breckenridge for a day trip Monday. shit show crowded i'm sure but hoping it breaks up around lunch as the people there for long weekend get on the road. Forcast for monday looks pretty good - Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
    Wouldn't a place like Ski Cooper be a sensible Holiday escape from the masses? Dunno how CO is, but that's how it works in the east. On holidays you can usually find me at places like Plattekill.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Wouldn't a place like Ski Cooper be a sensible Holiday escape from the masses? Dunno how CO is, but that's how it works in the east. On holidays you can usually find me at places like Plattekill.
    I skied Cooper one Saturday of a President's Weekend (maybe 10 years ago). Max lift line was maybe 5 chairs. Need to get back to check out the new terrain and t-bar.

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    I posted in an earlier thread to no avail. Which of these mountains are considered the safest bet for avoiding weekend crowds:

• Vail
    • Breck
    • Keystone
    • Loveland
    • Abasin

Quote Originally Posted by jaytrem View Post
    I skied Cooper one Saturday of a President's Weekend (maybe 10 years ago). Max lift line was maybe 5 chairs. Need to get back to check out the new terrain and t-bar.
    Good to hear Jay, I'm headed to CO probably in March. I plan on an exclusively Freedom Pass trip. I figure two days at Purgatory, then probably a day each at two of the three others on the pass, Cooper, Hesperus, and Sunlight. Sounds like Cooper should be one of the them.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using AlpineZone mobile app
    Leave no turn unstoned!

It's been a while but I've skied Breck, Keystone and Loveland on weekend (Vail & A-basin too, but late season, so not good info). Loveland had the least lines, especially if you work your way to the right. Breck and Keystone were very crowded, but both had paces that weren't terrible. All the way at the back of Keystone had almost no waiting (Outback lift or something like that). For Breck, Peak 10 the t-bar had bascially no wait. The 2 fixed grip doubles were also not too bad, like 5 min if I remember correctly. This was before Peak 6 went in. I'll be at A-basin on the 26th, first mid-winter weekend day there, so will report back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhead View Post
    Good to hear Jay, I'm headed to CO probably in March. I plan on an exclusively Freedom Pass trip. I figure two days at Purgatory, then probably a day each at two of the three others on the pass, Cooper, Hesperus, and Sunlight. Sounds like Cooper should be one of the them.
    That should be a great trip! Hesperus is small, might want cruise down there for some afternoon/night skiing after Purgatory. Still mad that I had to drive right past Hesperus during a big dump. We were afraid they would close the road to Silverton. Sunlight is real nice too.

I'm all Ikon this year, plus maybe some night skiing at Keystone, Howelson and Echo.

Thread Information