• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mlk

machski

Not much of a crowd at SR today outside of Jordan, and some of that was due to the Oz Quad going down of its first day of operation. Good recovery, Oz was the place to be today. Snowmaking was unbelievably dry and soft, just super fun. They left Top Gun and Black Hole ungroomed from the thaw/freeze, that was was quite sporting to say the least.

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app

tnt1234

Wow great pic....happy you scored big!

Youngest daughter and I holed up in a hotel in Kingston. Had a great dinner downtown - (boistons? I think?) - and planing to first char at Bell in the AM.

Feels like about 3" here - hope that's 6" up at the mountain....but whatever....we're having fun and well be skiing tomorrow.

LONGBOARDR

Agreed. 4 to 8 inches is more realistic for Northern Vermont than the 8 to 12 predicted erlier.

Just finished a dawn patrol skin up moon walk woods solid 10+ inches not counting drifts.
Groomers are scurrying around relapping beginner trails done last night.
Looks to be a good day at Jaypeak

Tonyr

Was at MRG yesterday and Stowe today. There were small crowds at MRG, Stowe was crowded waits here were around 10 to 15 minutes at Mt Mansfield but the singles line did move much faster. The snow at Stowe today
was awesome!

Tony

snoseek

Can anyone here speculate how busy tomorrow will be? Will crowds relax a bit or still be insane. I'm skiing cannon FWIW so maybe its won't be terrible anyway

nhskier1969

Can anyone here speculate how busy tomorrow will be? Will crowds relax a bit or still be insane. I'm skiing cannon FWIW so maybe its won't be terrible anyway

Crowds should be lighter tomorrow. It's going to be colder. I thought staying away from the mega pass resorts would be smart. I skied Ragged Mtn today. It was a mad house. Wait time was 20+ minutes..

IMG_2801.jpg

medfordmike

Crowds should be lighter tomorrow. It's going to be colder. I thought staying away from the mega pass resorts would be smart. I skied Ragged Mtn today. It was a mad house. Wait time was 20+ minutes..

View attachment 26015

IMG_2075.jpgIMG_2077.jpg

I did Berkshire East today rather than head to NH or VT. Very busy by their standard but not as bad as Ragged. Yikes.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

nhskier1969

View attachment 26020View attachment 26021

I did Berkshire East today rather than head to NH or VT. Very busy by their standard but not as bad as Ragged. Yikes.

Don't get me wrong, the skiing at Ragged was good. I will probably go back once they have everything open. They look like they have some fun glades.
I was reading on other forums ie pugski and tetongravity. Every ski area in NE was a shit show.

medfordmike

Don't get me wrong, the skiing at Ragged was good. I will probably go back once they have everything open. They look like they have some fun glades.
I was reading on other forums ie pugski and tetongravity. Every ski area in NE was a shit show.

If Berkshire was like this I am sure it was. I am usually a Pico guy. Xmas is fine. Even the week of MA holiday week. But MLK and Presidents weekend are just a mess. Although I hate to say it but if they have good conditions Skiway is still relaxes but not enough open there to make the trip

abc

Wildcat was not.

(I didn’t quite make first chair, when I got on around 8:45, it was only about 5 deep. Singles line was empty, till 10’ish)

Was only busy during 10-12. 10-15 min wait maybe.

I took lunch break at 11:30 when the single line got to almost 10min wait. By the time I got back out at 12:30, there’s no one on the single line. And the regular line was only 5 deep. By 1:30, it got to be a little long. I decided to lap another chair, slower but no wait. By 2:30, the crowds were gone. It’s ski straight on again.

Snow was fantastic!

hovercraft

Epic powder day at Stowe..minimal lines..everything in play

Yes it was, best pow day of the season. I left around 11:15 after being there since 7 am. When I was leaving people were telling me that it took them 2.5 hrs to get up mountain road. As I went down the road the back up was 7.8 miles bumper to bumper before traffic let up. 😳.