Looking for ski resorts/mountains with a lot of greens and blues

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Looking for ski resorts/mountains with a lot of greens and blues

I've only been a dozen times and all of that has been at Smuggs due to a deal I found here like 6 years ago. So I figured I'd come back here since I've gotten good advice before.

I still haven't left Morse Mountain and can do all the trails there besides the black with confidence. Madonna and Sterling look scary from a distance.

Would appreciate any advice where I can ski those kinds of terrain but with maybe more trail offerings? There's only around 12 on Morse.

I'm willing to drive up to 4-5hrs from Northern RI.

This is next weekend if that matters. Less crowded the better.

Thank you for taking the time to read and possibly offer some advice?

Okemo probably has what you’re looking for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okemo has lots of Blues, not sure their green terrain is that exceptional. It's ok, if you want a change of scenery and what could be the biggest crowd factor in VT. Next weekend is going to be crowded anywhere and everywhere most likely. Consider Butternut in the Berkshires if they get good recovery temps. Sunapee gets characterized as an easy hill, but I've never been there. Killington has a great long long green trail and a great dedicated beginner trail pod, but again, crowded next weekend. Bromley is fairly beginner friendly, and while it will be crowded too, it is off the Mega Pass highway and off many skier's radar.

Quote Originally Posted by mister moose View Post
    Okemo has lots of Blues, not sure their green terrain is that exceptional. It's ok, if you want a change of scenery and what could be the biggest crowd factor in VT. Next weekend is going to be crowded anywhere and everywhere most likely. Consider Butternut in the Berkshires if they get good recovery temps. Sunapee gets characterized as an easy hill, but I've never been there. Killington has a great long long green trail and a great dedicated beginner trail pod, but again, crowded next weekend. Bromley is fairly beginner friendly, and while it will be crowded too, it is off the Mega Pass highway and off many skier's radar.
    Oh yeah MLK weekend. Didn't even think of that. I was actually looking at a rental right near Bromley, will have to check it out.

I do like long trails and steep enough to get some speed and would like to try some beginner glades. I'm comfortable around 30-35mph.

Ive heard Okemo is always packed, but is beginner friendly. Want to try Jay Peak some day, but even further than Smuggs.

Just checked Sunapee out and lots of blues, but the mountain height is similar to Morse so perhaps that's a good fit for my level

Quote Originally Posted by Rb87 View Post
    Oh yeah MLK weekend. Didn't even think of that.
    If crowds are a remote concern, another weekend would be better. Christmas week, MLK weekend, President’s Day week. Those are to be avoided. That’s where ski areas make their $.

Yeah perhaps I'll just wait until my Smuggs trip early February. Want to ski more than one trip a year.

Sunapee YouTube videos I saw made it seem tame. Maybe I'll take a day or two off during the week. I do a Thursday, Friday, Saturday trip usually and Thursdays are the best!

Don't you have some small local hills near you? Seems kind of crazy to drive 5 hours to Smuggs to ride Morse.

Bretton Woods would be a good choice

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Sirbannedalot View Post
    Don't you have some small local hills near you? Seems kind of crazy to drive 5 hours to Smuggs to ride Morse.
    Going into Burlington for beers at night doesn't hurt.

It's like $150 per person for two nights stay and 3 days lift tickets. Haven't been able to find a deal like that around here.

I may try Sterling this year. The people I ski with are still afraid of going fast but they are my friends so I like to ski with them. Doesn't hurt that Morse lifts are right at my doorstep.

But yeah the drive is crazy

Definitely Breton Woods if you want to try beginner glades. Of course we need snow...

Thread Information