Tremblant Early Season ?

AlpineZone

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    Tremblant Early Season ?

    Hey guys. I was wondering how strong of a player Mont Tremblant is in the early season. I am in charge of planning a bachelor party for Dec of this year for a group of expert riders. It has been years since I have been up there. Would the first week of December even be worth it or would we get bored? I have only been there in the heart of the season. I can't change the timing of this either. How is their snowmaking? How many trails open in a typical winter at that time? I realize alot is hit or miss but any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.


  2. #2
    Edd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Newmarket, NH
    Posts
    5,058
    Ive only been once, two years ago for a few days in January and it was close to 100% open. Today, they have 101 trails open. According to this link, their natural snowfall trails some VT areas but its a big corporate mountain that isnt screwing around. It seems like a decent bet but first week of December is always a crapshoot.


    https://officialmonttremblant.com/th...ain/snow-guns/


    Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

  3. #3
    fbrissette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Montreal/Jay Peak
    Posts
    1,514
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeRider View Post
    Hey guys. I was wondering how strong of a player Mont Tremblant is in the early season. I am in charge of planning a bachelor party for Dec of this year for a group of expert riders. It has been years since I have been up there. Would the first week of December even be worth it or would we get bored? I have only been there in the heart of the season. I can't change the timing of this either. How is their snowmaking? How many trails open in a typical winter at that time? I realize alot is hit or miss but any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Early December is hit and miss. Could be awesome or a total mess. They are pretty good with snowmaking. Good thing with tremblant is that there is a lot of things to do if the skiing is not great. There is a stripper bar not too far of its that type of bachelor party.

    The 24 hours of Tremblant, a huge fundraiser for cancer is held from the 4th to the 6th. The place is packed for the weekend with big concerts. Make sure you make reservations NOW if you pick this weekend. Depending on your group, you may even want to sign up for the fund raiser and 24 hours ski relay. Lots of fun.

  4. #4
    If the groom like beer, I would not go to tremblant.

    I also think a CO mountain would be a better bet for snow in early Dec.

  5. #5
    lol ya that “brewpub” at tremblant leaves a whole lot to be desired

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    lol ya that “brewpub” at tremblant leaves a whole lot to be desired
    When we were there every bar had teh same damn thing - that alexander Keiths in a lager, a red and an amber I think - they all tasted exactly the same. The brew pub was lame...

    Looking at some beer apps, looks like they have upped their game a little. Looks like a couple IPAs on tap here and there now.

  7. #7
    Edd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Newmarket, NH
    Posts
    5,058
    Quote Originally Posted by tnt1234 View Post
    When we were there every bar had teh same damn thing - that alexander Keiths in a lager, a red and an amber I think - they all tasted exactly the same.
    I tried Alexander Keiths IPA when I was there. It was so bad it made me angry.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 9:50 PM.