• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tremblant Early Season ?

FreeRider

Hey guys. I was wondering how strong of a player Mont Tremblant is in the early season. I am in charge of planning a bachelor party for Dec of this year for a group of expert riders. It has been years since I have been up there. Would the first week of December even be worth it or would we get bored? I have only been there in the heart of the season. I can't change the timing of this either. How is their snowmaking? How many trails open in a typical winter at that time? I realize alot is hit or miss but any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edd

I’ve only been once, two years ago for a few days in January and it was close to 100% open. Today, they have 101 trails open. According to this link, their natural snowfall trails some VT areas but it’s a big corporate mountain that isn’t screwing around. It seems like a decent bet but first week of December is always a crapshoot.

https://officialmonttremblant.com/the-mountain/snow-guns/

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

fbrissette

Hey guys. I was wondering how strong of a player Mont Tremblant is in the early season. I am in charge of planning a bachelor party for Dec of this year for a group of expert riders. It has been years since I have been up there. Would the first week of December even be worth it or would we get bored? I have only been there in the heart of the season. I can't change the timing of this either. How is their snowmaking? How many trails open in a typical winter at that time? I realize alot is hit or miss but any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

Early December is hit and miss. Could be awesome or a total mess. They are pretty good with snowmaking. Good thing with tremblant is that there is a lot of things to do if the skiing is not great. There is a stripper bar not too far of its that type of bachelor party.

The 24 hours of Tremblant, a huge fundraiser for cancer is held from the 4th to the 6th. The place is packed for the weekend with big concerts. Make sure you make reservations NOW if you pick this weekend. Depending on your group, you may even want to sign up for the fund raiser and 24 hours ski relay. Lots of fun.

tnt1234

If the groom like beer, I would not go to tremblant.

I also think a CO mountain would be a better bet for snow in early Dec.

tnt1234

lol ya that “brewpub” at tremblant leaves a whole lot to be desired

When we were there every bar had teh same damn thing - that alexander Keiths in a lager, a red and an amber I think - they all tasted exactly the same. The brew pub was lame...

Looking at some beer apps, looks like they have upped their game a little. Looks like a couple IPAs on tap here and there now.

Edd

When we were there every bar had teh same damn thing - that alexander Keiths in a lager, a red and an amber I think - they all tasted exactly the same.

I tried Alexander Keiths “IPA” when I was there. It was so bad it made me angry.