• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Dartmouth Skiway - 1/20/20

millerm277

Date(s) Skied: 1/20/20

Resort or Ski Area: Dartmouth Skiway

Conditions: Powder! Or at least what passes for it this season. Probably about 6" of fresh to start the day.

Trip Report: Spent ~9-1 out there.

Only the Winslow side was open. Good cover on the main snowmaking runs, skied at least one of each. Spent most of my time lapping Thomas, perfect snow to have some fun in.

The beginner run had been mostly groomed, and Howard Chevers had one groomer track in the middle.

Some very thin spots (waterbars on MD especially), but fine skiing on the non-snowmaking runs (MD, Cum Laude, top part of Thomas). Those will need more base to be skiable after this weekend IMO. Didn't venture into the trees with the snow depths, but saw some people doing it.

Largest crowd I've seen there, which is still not really that bad. The quad did have a decent liftline for a brief period around 11, but it died back down quickly. Singles was still ski-on. Nice little family hill, lots of kids skiing off on their own.

Holt's side (which has the more interesting terrain) had some large snowmaking whales and the groomers were working all day over there. I'd expect it to be open next weekend.