• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New storm on the way

kendo

I shouldn't have posted in this thread yesterday - got jinxed! Stowe gondola, spruce and sensation quads all down today due to icing.

11" + since Sunday has Mansfield skiing great.

kingslug

Well i know one thing fore sure..its dumping in St Anton..up to 2 feet predicted..
Right when im going there..i must have better European luck

BenedictGomez

You wont know anything until the 12z Thursday (or maybe 18z), because that's when the interaction will be digested.

louisemann

I am a weather geek and have been scouring various sources, tracking the weekend storm. It doesn't look promising. I decided to buy my ticket for Sunday (Bromley, haven't been since I was 18) and free Magic Mountain No Boundaries on Monday. Will catch the game in between runs. GO CHIEFS

Annie (formerly Caribchakita but cannot login to the damn site so re registered)

Hawk

Checked the webcams..theyre out there..we shall see
Even if it doesnt snow again..you cant track out 110,000 acres...

Where are you staying, St Anton, St Christoph, Lech, Zurs? If you are in St Anton try to ski 87, 90 and 40 for Pow. Not many people go there. Also on the Rendl side of st Anton, go to the top of the Riffebahn II Double. You go off the back side and down the valley and hook left back to the bottom. Excellent run and easy to navigate. Get a guide. The Galzigbahn lift right out of town is an engineering marvel. You are going to love that place. Also the Krazy Kangaroo is the afternoon hot spot. Enjoy your travels.

kingslug

Great thanx for info..staying in st Anton..watched 100 youtube vids..the north velluga from the top looks..scary as shit but doable...probably going to hire guides for a lot of the trip..map is way too big and confusing..

Hawk

Daniel Federspeil was a guide that was recommended to us by friends that go there a bunch. He was excellent. We talked a bit about what we wanted to do and he nailed it. The operation is family run and they are all really nice people. The operation is right in the center of town next to the Rendl Lift. Check them out if you don't have anything planned.

http://alpine-faszination.at/en/category/team/