New storm on the way - Page 9

AlpineZone

Page 9 of 68 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 672
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    big nor'easter on next weekends models. but we've all seen that shit before...
    Like about this time last week

    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

    '19 - '20 season:

    November: 16.17,23,29,30 (Mount Snow)
    December: 1,7,14,15,21,26,27,28,29,30 (Mount Snow) 16 (Mount Southington) 22 (Okemo) 31 (Berkshire East)
    January: 1,4,5,11,12,18,19,20,25,26 (Mount Snow) 6,13,23,27 (Mount Southington)
    February: 1,2,15,16,22,23 (Mount Snow) 3,5,12 (Mount Southington) 8 (Bromley) 9 (Stratton) 17 (Pico) 29 (Burke)
    March: 1,14 (Mount Snow) 2 (Mount Southington) 5,6,7 (Cannon) 8 (Loon)

  2. #82
    kingslug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Stamford Ct and Stowe
    Posts
    4,963
    Ill be in the Alps..eating wiener schnitzel next weekend..hopefuly things turn around here..
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

  3. #83
    I'm hoping the 2019-2020 season wont be remembered as the year of "33 degrees and rain"..... I don't think there's anything more excruciating to a skier than that type of weather.

  4. #84
    Fixed it. Misery weather no matter the hobby or lack there of.

    Quote Originally Posted by GregoryIsaacs View Post
    I'm hoping the 2019-2020 season wont be remembered as the year of "33 degrees and rain"..... I don't think there's anything more excruciating to anyone than that type of weather.

  5. #85

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley
    Posts
    3,699
    Quote Originally Posted by GregoryIsaacs View Post
    I'm hoping the 2019-2020 season wont be remembered as the year of "33 degrees and rain"..... I don't think there's anything more excruciating to a skier than that type of weather.
    It's 33 degree and rain SOMEWHERE!

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    big nor'easter on next weekends models. but we've all seen that shit before...
    I think this is all some kind of cosmic joke.....there are aliens or supernatural beings, observing the actions of east Coast Skiers.


    X: Why are you manipulating their weather forecasting devices again?
    Y: Pay attention to their emotional state.
    X: Hmm....I sense joy....unbridled happiness....an incredible sense of possibility and hope for fulfillment.
    Y: Yes....good....now watch what happens when I let the real weather forecast be known...ready? Now.....
    X: OH! My goodness! Such sadness, and despair! I fear for them!
    Y: Interesting, isn't it?
    X: It's too much sadness! Give them hope again!
    Y: I'll wait until the weekend is over. Let them stay home and get some stuff done. Then I'll manipulate the forecast again.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by tnt1234 View Post
    I think this is all some kind of cosmic joke.....there are aliens or supernatural beings, observing the actions of east Coast Skiers.


    X: Why are you manipulating their weather forecasting devices again?
    Y: Pay attention to their emotional state.
    X: Hmm....I sense joy....unbridled happiness....an incredible sense of possibility and hope for fulfillment.
    Y: Yes....good....now watch what happens when I let the real weather forecast be known...ready? Now.....
    X: OH! My goodness! Such sadness, and despair! I fear for them!
    Y: Interesting, isn't it?
    X: It's too much sadness! Give them hope again!
    Y: I'll wait until the weekend is over. Let them stay home and get some stuff done. Then I'll manipulate the forecast again.
    82881980_10215264564997317_1342637983961972736_n.jpg

  8. #88
    I recommend refraining from starting new threads called "New storm on the way" or the equivalent. F'ing kiss of death.

    And after the experience with this storm someone has the balls to mention next weekend? Do we not learn?

    In this pattern the models cannot be trusted regarding details like low placement, rain/snow line, vertical temp profiles, etc until the event is pretty much upon us. Sure they will give a hint that a "storm" is coming, but from a practical perspective the details are not to be trusted.

    Edit: Threads called "Cold January on tap" should also be avoided. They ruin the whole month!
    2018/19 = 36
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    big nor'easter on next weekends models. but we've all seen that shit before...
    Midday GFS ran the low up the Appalachians to Toronto giving us yet another 35 degree downpour.
    The true happiness of a man can be found in the mastery of his passions.

  10. #90
    Looks like the best chance of avoiding a washout in New England this weekend is SR/Loaf. The storm is taking a terrible track but luckily it's been cool to the south so not a lot of warm air pouring into the storm. Midlevels may stay cool enough over northern Maine to keep it sleet instead of rain/freezing rain.

    Still 2+ months to turn this show around.
    2003-2004: 21; 2004-2005: 27; 2005-2006: 31; 2006-2007: 31; 2007-2008: 38; 2008-2009: 43; 2009-2010: 42; 2010-2011: 46; 2011-2012: 33; 2012-2013: 26 2013-14: 18; 2014-15: 17; 2015-16: 7; 2016-17: 14; 2017-18: 23; 2018-19: 34

    2019-20 days - 23
    Wachusett: 11/15, 11/21, 12/5, 3/15
    Stratton: 11/26; Mt. Snow: 12/3; Killington: 12/8, 3/2
    Sunday River: 1/21, 1/28; Snow King: 2/9
    Jackson Hole: 2/10, 2/11, 2/12, 2/13, 2/14
    Sugarloaf 2/23, 2/24, 2/25; Waterville: 3/17
    Sugarbush: 3/8, 3/9 (w/MRG), 3/10

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 6:47 AM.