New storm on the way - Page 15

AlpineZone

Page 15 of 68 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    accidentally found myself at the gondola around 10:30 am and did not like that. otherwise i was singles line and a minimal wait if any all day.

Sunrise Express was a shiteshow until around lunchtime Saturday.

Good move on running the singles line.
    SoVT

Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    Whomever decided not to ski this weekend missed out. Yesterday sunshine most of the day at Cannon and snowing today at the bush. Just took a run down Rumble and it was fantastic. Now taking a break with a sip of sunshine ( farmstead Edward just kicked)

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Agree 100%! Did Lift Line and middle earth today and both were amazing. So much snow up there! Easily my two favorite runs this year. So glad we didnít cancel plans to drive up (in awful weather btw) last night.

Quote Originally Posted by smac75 View Post
    Agree 100%! Did Lift Line and middle earth today and both were amazing. So much snow up there! Easily my two favorite runs this year. So glad we didnít cancel plans to drive up (in awful weather btw) last night.
    Similar experience at Stowe ó what a phenomenal day! (No crowds after noon too)

Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    I would assume the 2-4Ē being reported across ski country is a wet and heavy one with an ice layer underneath? also anticipating lift delays at least at k. Think Iím glad I bagged today. Itís nice to wake up at home for once
    I'd say the snow/sleet/whatever that fell overnight was dense at Sugarbush, but not wet other than maybe the bottom 100' of vertical or so. No ice layer either. Was quite good today out there. No lift delays.

Mt Ellen skied better today than last Sunday. Snowing at varying intensity all morning and every chair was basically ski on.

Today was a surprisingly great day at Sunday River. Better than Saturday, which was fine but unremarkable. Some.... stuff fell overnight; not all snow but not a thick ice glaze either. Whatever it was skied well and adhered to the layers underneath. Spent most of the day in Jordan/Oz, where Wizardís Gulch was ROTD - the woods coverage was surprisingly good up high. Eureka was also a lot of fun.

Sunny skies and above freezing for a lot of the day which kept things soft. And minimal lines - we just kept lapping Jordan - I think the forecast kept the crowds down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    We need him to go out west and screw up the weather there.
    St Anton is getting dumped on starting tomorrow...so with my miraculous powers I'll be sending some of that back to here when I get there...
    This weekend didn't turn out that bad for some here...hmmm
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Guess Stowe did OK

• 3in

OVERNIGHT
      SNOWFALL

• 5in

24 HOUR
      SNOWFALL

• 7in

48 HOUR
      SNOWFALL

Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Quote Originally Posted by kingslug View Post
    St Anton is getting dumped on starting tomorrow...so with my miraculous powers I'll be sending some of that back to here when I get there...
    This weekend didn't turn out that bad for some here...hmmm
    I was at Mt Snow with my son for a high school ski trip. Much to my amazement the skiing was pretty good even though the weather sucked. Since the GSX was running there was no waiting in line at the base and the north face was ski on all day. Chute had top to bottom snowmaking whales which were a ton of fun in the fog and some natural trails like Challenger and Boulder Pile were good also.
    Even skied a few short pitches in the trees.

See..all was not lost. Reports of my miraculous powers to destroy all ski related weather..are very suspect LOL..
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Thread Information