• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New storm on the way

Smellytele

Was thinking of switching my day tomorrow to Jay. Don’t want to drive 3 hours each way instead of 1:20 to Cannon.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

asnowmobiler

B3C84D11-1D5C-432F-A1DD-8EB1E2E15046.jpgYes, I was at Whiteface.
Some runs were a little tricky with the frozen base, but it was an awesome day and I’m shot.:beer:

Last edited:

tnt1234

the depression is real. Fucking stuck in NJ while the dump is on...

56fish

Website
www.borderskirental.com
In my corner of the Northeast Kingdom this storm didn't live up to expectations. We got lots of wet rain, snow and slush. The dry snow on the backside didn't last long. Overall we got about 6 inches of mostly wet snow.

A buddy a couple of towns over reports much better snow - so it appears to be pretty regional.

nothing to see in my corner :beer:

VTKilarney

My town officially reported 6 inches as of 4:30 PM. Almost everywhere else in Vermont reported higher totals.

Zand

Wonder where Kusty ended up today...LCC Road just reopened for the first time in 3 days. BCC has been closed for 2 hours due to congestion.

BenedictGomez

Wonder where Kusty ended up today...LCC Road just reopened for the first time in 3 days. BCC has been closed for 2 hours due to congestion.

Honestly? Sundance would have been the smart play all things considered. I'd have 0 desire to play canyon-wars today, and because so many think similarly, DV also hit maximum capacity & closed the window. Sundance is a great little place & it seems like even on this board of serious skiers not many have been there.

snoseek

Honestly? Sundance would have been the smart play all things considered. I'd have 0 desire to play canyon-wars today, and because so many think similarly, DV also hit maximum capacity & closed the window. Sundance is a great little place & it seems like even on this board of serious skiers not many have been there.

Yep sundance is fun with snow....super fun! It's got some good steady pitches off the top that impressed me. Another low key area I tried last year was beaver mtn. Its not real steep but the acerage to skier ratio was excellent

KustyTheKlown

With LCC being a question mark at 6 am, we slept in a little more, ate, and headed for DV, arriving at 8ish. Parked close-ish at snow park lodge and started skiing at 9 as lifts opened. Lady Morgan warm up runs were ski on. Empire laps during peak 10-1130 time was a 3-5 min wait with well managed queues. headed back across to sultan and mayflower and only had lines at sterling as that is basically the main base. dv has a lot of aspects and some skied well while sun baked stuff skied shitty. we spent 4-5 watching the FIS moguls people practicing with music pumping and beers in hand. Then dinner in park city.

We had a great day and are happy with our decisions. Off to Alta this morning.

Edit - snowbird, bc we are parking at our hotel. Friends are lollygaggers and we left sugarhouse at 715. Currently on LCC road in traffic but moving, and just a few miles away.

Last edited: