• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New storm on the way

Cornhead

I'm planning on skiing McCauley Mountain in the Adirondacks Saturday. They're in line for up to 16" by Friday morning. I originally planned on Snow Ridge. I haven't been in a couple years. I'm afraid they may get too much snow, up to four feet. They're just too flat for that much snow. I've had some great 18-24" days there though. I wish I could hit McCauley Friday, but I'm sure it won't suck Saturday.
0_tapatalk_1416516778806.jpeg1582772609347_1582772598060_1582772594341_0_tapatalk_1416516793035.jpeg
Snow Ridge 54", surreal

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using AlpineZone mobile app

ScottySkis

I'm planning on skiing McCauley Mountain in the Adirondacks Saturday. They're in line for up to 16" by Friday morning. I originally planned on Snow Ridge. I haven't been in a couple years. I'm afraid they may get too much snow, up to four feet. They're just too flat for that much snow. I've had some great 18-24" days there though. I wish I could hit McCauley Friday, but I'm sure it won't suck Saturday.
View attachment 26444View attachment 26443
Snow Ridge 54", surreal

It be awesome
Happy too be going also

Kleetus

View attachment 26444View attachment 26443
Snow Ridge 54", surreal

I'm planning on Big Mac Saturday too. I think there is a good chance they end up with more than 16" but we shall see.

MEtoVTSkier

A damp start...

bml_None_anim.gif

Smellytele

Cold temps moving in later than we’re originally stated. Has turned to snow at the bush. But only about an hour ago.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

thebigo

Big fat flakes at attitash, corduroy still visible at seven but starting to accumulate

Edd

Big fat flakes at attitash, corduroy still visible at seven but starting to accumulate

Looking at the same flakes in Bartlett. Was starting to worry. Wildcat snow report dialed expectations back to 9” throughout the day.

Sirbannedalot

well Pico sucked and I don't tolerate glare ice on terrain that is supposedly groomed and regularly so after a decent snow and week of cold temps, or a 1/100th inch dust on ice that they consider freshly groomed

If the natural terrain sucks (icy), and the woods are firm and crusty, at least I expect them to drop the tiller on the main trails.

I had 3 wipe outs on ice @ Pico on Sunday. It's pretty rare that I fall even over a whole season unless it's deep powder or gently hitting a tree, etc. I called it an early day because it wasn't worth getting injured to ski glare ice, let alone the other poorly manicured features such as a big horizontal rut at the bottom of B slope that if I didn't jump early to lessen the blow, would have really F'd me up.

Also something going on with the main summit lift being closed for repairs for a while in the morning. Whole experience was sub-par and I thought on a Sunday Pico is supposed to be on their game for the crowds. Not so.

Can't speak for Killington but Pico did a half assed job that maybe some people are used to. I've gotten used to it as well so I'll take some years off from Pico.
LOL Too funny. Don't tolerate glare ice. Haha. 3 wipeouts but you generally don't fall all season. Sounds like Jerry needs to go back Mount Snow, complaining about poorly manicured slopes. Hahaha. You weren't at MRG Tues? I saw a pud that looked like you in the bar in the afternoon all tuckered out. Figured it couldn't have been you but then again never saw him out skiing so it just might well have been you.

bdfreetuna

LOL Too funny. Don't tolerate glare ice. Haha. 3 wipeouts but you generally don't fall all season. Sounds like Jerry needs to go back Mount Snow, complaining about poorly manicured slopes. Hahaha. You weren't at MRG Tues? I saw a pud that looked like you in the bar in the afternoon all tuckered out. Figured it couldn't have been you but then again never saw him out skiing so it just might well have been you.

You spend a lot of time thinking about me. Might want to save some of that brain capacity for basic tasks ie eating, shitting and keeping tabs on who your mom lets in the house late at night.

Sirbannedalot

You spend a lot of time thinking about me. Might want to save some of that brain capacity for basic tasks ie eating, shitting and keeping tabs on who your mom lets in the house late at night.

If I were you I'd be more concerned with who your wife is letting in the house when you arent there. You cuck. My mother is none of your concern.

bdfreetuna

My mother is none of your concern.

Not anymore she's not. I swear she must be even dumber than her boy down in the basement. While you're down there refreshing to see if your troll burner account has been un-banned from AlpineZone, she's blowing up the dealers phone and checking to see if there's enough baking soda to cook it up.

It's not even worth going over there to bunk her with dime bags of borax anymore. I just feel bad for the retarded kid in the basement, sad case of neglect has led to the kid getting easily triggered and serious IQ problems.

:dunce:

Sirbannedalot

Not anymore she's not. I swear she must be even dumber than her boy down in the basement. While you're down there refreshing to see if your troll burner account has been un-banned from AlpineZone, she's blowing up the dealers phone and checking to see if there's enough baking soda to cook it up.

It's not even worth going over there to bunk her with dime bags of borax anymore. I just feel bad for the retarded kid in the basement, sad case of neglect has led to the kid getting easily triggered and serious IQ problems.

Actually my mother is in the hospital right now having probably her 4th or 5th surgery in the past year. But I'll let her know you are thinking of her.

bdfreetuna

Actually my mother is in the hospital right now having probably her 4th or 5th surgery in the past year. But I'll let her know you are thinking of her.

BS

I'm trying to remember what you said about my 2 year old daughter.... oh yeah "F--- your daughter", wasn't that it?

Now your ban is expired and you're back on here dogging my posts again? Total loser