New storm on the way - Page 7

AlpineZone

Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    yup
    but I have skied at K and Hunter in pretty good ones this year. And the day we were at Bell was ...very good
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Quote Originally Posted by kingslug View Post
    Still curious about all these threads i started that resulted in no storm...
    Ive skied quite a bit of new snow so far..
    That's because most of the snow fell during weekdays not weekends. Until this one your threads were about weekends.

12-1 Sunday Hunter storm
    12-7 Sunday Belleayre powder

12-30,31, 1-1 SB new years powder
    1-5 saturday stowe powder
    1-18,19 Stowe MLK powder

Am I missing something??
    Last edited by kingslug; Jan 23, 2020 at 2:30 PM.
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Quote Originally Posted by kingslug View Post
    yup
    but I have skied at K and Hunter in pretty good ones this year. And the day we were at Bell was ...very good
    Got to love Hunter and K snowmaking kills everyone else in our wonderful part of ����
    Yes that day at Bell was awesome 18 inches of snow in 3 days.
    It was very nice to meet and ski with u and Jim
    Here what Rebecca weather forecast for the weekend not great for most

"I'm having internet issues today so I'm going to try to put this up from my phone

the weekend storm

the storm is still on track but last night some of the models trended West a little if they're right we would have a warmer solution for the Middle Atlantic Eastern Pennsylvania Eastern New York State and New England a rain slash mix for those closer to the coast of interior parts of Pennsylvania New York State and New England seen at least some Stone with the marginal temperatures elevation will play a big role those in Northern New York State and Northern New England still could end up with several inches.

the longer range

if you remember a week or two ago I said there were signs that a sudden stratospheric warming event would be taking place by the middle of February that is now occurring. so this should impact our weather in 10 to 14 days. I would expect to see the model start to adjust to a colder pattern with a lot of troughing over the great lakes and East Coast. The first 7 to 10 days of February could be very cold with that undercutting jet our pattern is going to continue to be active for the next few weeks.

as for the weekend storm I will try to see if I can figure it out and information through the phone and make any updates but right now the storm is looking to trend west so it will cut down snow amounts

fuck this shit. cancelled my hotel. expedia and the hotel were good enough to refund me even tho i was not entitled.

i'm gonna day trip stratton saturday. can't miss a weekend but not about to roll the dice on staying over for a slushy/rainy sunday with overnight lift icing. even mad/sugarbush seem to be well fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    fuck this shit. cancelled my hotel. expedia and the hotel were good enough to refund me even tho i was not entitled.

i'm gonna day trip stratton saturday. can't miss a weekend but not about to roll the dice on staying over for a slushy/rainy sunday with overnight lift icing. even mad/sugarbush seem to be well fucked.
    I don't think a wintery mix and a few inches accumulation, probably more at the summits is totally F'd. Just a better idea to wait for it to pass before going skiing.
    2019/2020 season

Berkshire East [12/20, 1/7, 1/10, 1/22, 1/24]
    Bretton Woods [1/3, 1/30]
    Cannon [2/19]
    Gunstock [1/2]
    Mad River Glen [1/29, 2/11]
    Mount Snow [11/14, 11/21, 12/2]
    Smugglers Notch [2/12]
    Wachusett [12/16]

It gonna rain and ice bud.

12z all the runs told you otherwise. One shitty 18z and you panic? Go to Whiteface or Wildcat if you only like skiing pure powder conditions. I thought you were willing to do the drive?

If your only days are Sat-Sun I'd probably cancel too though. Midweek I look forward to seeing how this slop fills in the woods and puts a consistent surface on the trails.

2019/2020 season

Berkshire East [12/20, 1/7, 1/10, 1/22, 1/24]
    Bretton Woods [1/3, 1/30]
    Cannon [2/19]
    Gunstock [1/2]
    Mad River Glen [1/29, 2/11]
    Mount Snow [11/14, 11/21, 12/2]
    Smugglers Notch [2/12]
    Wachusett [12/16]

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    I don't think a wintery mix and a few inches accumulation, probably more at the summits is totally F'd. Just a better idea to wait for it to pass before going skiing.
    I'd say just the opposite on both counts.

Looks like a decent shot of rain, and if you must ski this weekend, ski Saturday & ski somewhere north of the Massachusetts border.

EDIT: And dont be afraid of driving home in a gully-washer.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

yep, BG correct on all counts on that one.

i cant ski monday so backend snow late sunday doesnt help me. im glad the rain is followed by snow. but sat evening>sunday isn't looking pretty. while i'm generally game to drive, i'm not gonna haul north when the weather is such a question mark. as BG said, best bet for my circumstances is to hit it quick saturday and then take it slow driving home in the rain.

and tuna, the rain has been overtaking vermont for the past 5 runs of the gfs, getting worse each time.
    Last edited by KustyTheKlown; Jan 23, 2020 at 7:26 PM.

Thread Information