• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New storm on the way

Glenn

accidentally found myself at the gondola around 10:30 am and did not like that. otherwise i was singles line and a minimal wait if any all day.

Sunrise Express was a shiteshow until around lunchtime Saturday.

Good move on running the singles line.

smac75

Whomever decided not to ski this weekend missed out. Yesterday sunshine most of the day at Cannon and snowing today at the bush. Just took a run down Rumble and it was fantastic. Now taking a break with a sip of sunshine ( farmstead Edward just kicked)

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Agree 100%! Did Lift Line and middle earth today and both were amazing. So much snow up there! Easily my two favorite runs this year. So glad we didn’t cancel plans to drive up (in awful weather btw) last night.

Los

Agree 100%! Did Lift Line and middle earth today and both were amazing. So much snow up there! Easily my two favorite runs this year. So glad we didn’t cancel plans to drive up (in awful weather btw) last night.

Similar experience at Stowe — what a phenomenal day! (No crowds after noon too)

cdskier

I would assume the 2-4” being reported across ski country is a wet and heavy one with an ice layer underneath? also anticipating lift delays at least at k. Think I’m glad I bagged today. It’s nice to wake up at home for once

I'd say the snow/sleet/whatever that fell overnight was dense at Sugarbush, but not wet other than maybe the bottom 100' of vertical or so. No ice layer either. Was quite good today out there. No lift delays.

WWF-VT

Mt Ellen skied better today than last Sunday. Snowing at varying intensity all morning and every chair was basically ski on.

parahelia

Today was a surprisingly great day at Sunday River. Better than Saturday, which was fine but unremarkable. Some.... stuff fell overnight; not all snow but not a thick ice glaze either. Whatever it was skied well and adhered to the layers underneath. Spent most of the day in Jordan/Oz, where Wizard’s Gulch was ROTD - the woods coverage was surprisingly good up high. Eureka was also a lot of fun.

Sunny skies and above freezing for a lot of the day which kept things soft. And minimal lines - we just kept lapping Jordan - I think the forecast kept the crowds down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kingslug

We need him to go out west and screw up the weather there.
St Anton is getting dumped on starting tomorrow...so with my miraculous powers I'll be sending some of that back to here when I get there...
This weekend didn't turn out that bad for some here...hmmm

kingslug

Guess Stowe did OK

• [h=5]3in[/h][h=6]OVERNIGHT
    SNOWFALL[/h]
  • [h=5]5in[/h][h=6]24 HOUR
    SNOWFALL[/h]
  • [h=5]7in[/h][h=6]48 HOUR
    SNOWFALL[/h]

JimG.

Staff member
St Anton is getting dumped on starting tomorrow...so with my miraculous powers I'll be sending some of that back to here when I get there...
This weekend didn't turn out that bad for some here...hmmm

I was at Mt Snow with my son for a high school ski trip. Much to my amazement the skiing was pretty good even though the weather sucked. Since the GSX was running there was no waiting in line at the base and the north face was ski on all day. Chute had top to bottom snowmaking whales which were a ton of fun in the fog and some natural trails like Challenger and Boulder Pile were good also.
Even skied a few short pitches in the trees.

drjeff

I was at Mt Snow with my son for a high school ski trip. Much to my amazement the skiing was pretty good even though the weather sucked. Since the GSX was running there was no waiting in line at the base and the north face was ski on all day. Chute had top to bottom snowmaking whales which were a ton of fun in the fog and some natural trails like Challenger and Boulder Pile were good also.
Even skied a few short pitches in the trees.
Substitute the trail name Fallen Timbers for Chute (Timbers had the fresh whales and Chute was wearing corduroy before it eventually got a bit skied off as the day went on) and your report is dead on!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

JimG.

Staff member
Substitute the trail name Fallen Timbers for Chute (Timbers had the fresh whales and Chute was wearing corduroy before it eventually got a bit skied off as the day went on) and your report is dead on!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

Tough to gauge which trail I was on looking at trail map (no idea on most of trail names at Snow).

In any case the fog skiing on the whales was super fun.

JimG.

Staff member
See..all was not lost. Reports of my miraculous powers to destroy all ski related weather..are very suspect LOL..

Actually I count on you to bring awesome skiing weather to the east when you leave for other ski locations outside the east.

Your "this weekend" threads are what messes up eastern weather because they inspire all the amateur meteorological speculation. Not really your fault, just sayin.

kendo

@kingslug. . . Another 3"+ since this am at Stowe. Vis sucks up top but the skiing is great. I've got no complaints for your storm threads as you've set me up well each trip this yr! Thx.

bdfreetuna

I like these threads, I can say one thing and get a bunch of people to cancel their rooms. I go either way because I have tickets to use.... less people on the hill and I don't have to ride the chair with people complaining about global warming

Edd

Bretton Woods was pretty good today. There’re trees in play. Ungroomed was a bit too firm this morning but some afternoon snow softened things up a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

KustyTheKlown

the ingredients for a noreaster are there, but the coastal low and the jetstream snow need to phase and so far the models dont have them linking up...

KustyTheKlown

nor'easter is back in the 18z. the systems phased. but now its looking super coastal long island connecticut type storm with only fringes hitting ski country. still plenty of time to change...