• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New storm on the way

kingslug

Looks like another storm hitting this weekend..
Some reports show more for southern areas like Hunter than northern.
Thoughts?

fbrissette

Looks like another storm hitting this weekend..
Some reports show more for southern areas like Hunter than northern.
Thoughts?

There will be a storm in the east but models are all over the place at this point. The models showing south have been trending north over the past two 6-hourly forecasts. Too early to tell but worth following.

snoseek

Looking at it now monday looks like the day. Sunday night drive home would be challenging for the weekend crowd. Definitely worth keeping an eye on please don't bust!

Glenn

NWS Albany is stating it's a bit too early to tell how this will play out. The temps for this next one make me a bit nervous. Just a few degrees and it could be a not so great situation.

cdskier

I think we could get a little snow, a decent amount of snow, or even nothing at all! It has trended more positively though...my biggest concern at this point if it happens is what time it ends so I can get home Sunday night. Way too much time for things to change to worry much about it though other than to just keep watching and see what the models show with each new run.

danimals

Usually if a big storm is brewing and I have off from work the day after, it dumps somewhere. Your welcome y’all!

Hope I’m stormchasing Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaulR

Headed to Okemo for 4 day starting Sunday! :snow::snow::snow::snow:

...too bad they'll probably groom every bit of fresh powder. :roll::smash::sadwalk:

PaulR

Why go to Okemo for 4 days unless you love skiing groomers?

I have 3 kids, 16, 11, 9.
and while the older 2 love the glades, the 9 year old is just starting to ski the blues.
...and after the skigasm we received with 4 days of powder at Jay last year, I might as well hang it up and never ski again.
:spin::spin::spin:

Greg

Staff member
Too early yet to say anything other than there's incoming energy. The trend is our friend so far though.

Still a much better topic than window ticket rates or megapass hate...

JimG.

Staff member
Skied Killington today. Really pretty good and much better than I expected. 12" would be a big help 2' would be a windfall and would open everything up.

Greg

Staff member
Targeting somewhere CVT Monday.

Zand

Finally got off the schnide (is that how you spell it? :D) and went to Sunday River today. Obviously most of the snow on the naturals is pretty much shot from the crowds but one good hit and they'll really be in business.

drjeff

Reports showing Hunter getting a lot more snow than Stowe..Its only wednesday but I have to start figuring out the weekend.

This one is likely going to be interesting as it appears that the band of energy coming from the North and West may not fully phase together with the band of energy coming from the South and West to get some more widespread, consistent intense snow across the entire region and then you also have to factor in that there's likely not going to be a ton on "cold" air around for this system either.

Doesn't as of now appear to be a classical Nor'easter situation, but kind of a random accumulation system. Aside from the concept that there's going to be a storm around Saturday/Sunday still a ton of variables to figure out as to the who's, what's, and where's of the snowfall winners will be on this one.....