• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New storm on the way

kingslug

I can imagine the mob scene all over tomorrow.
Hotels near WF are almost all sold out.
Stowe, Jay.
last month a million people showed up at Stowe for about 4 inches.

sledride

Thanks a lot for that BV list. Awesome. I was there over Xmas break but they had no natural terrain open. I like trees like Bracket Basin at SL, that's about perfect for me. Wilderness is not open today, maybe they just run it on the weekends.

KustyTheKlown

I can imagine the mob scene all over tomorrow.
Hotels near WF are almost all sold out.
Stowe, Jay.
last month a million people showed up at Stowe for about 4 inches.

sounds like youre just trying to convince yourself it wont be the best weekend of the season,.

KustyTheKlown

Sweet. Was/is it still showing? Radar shows the lake effect hitting whiteface but more so this evening than this afternoon

Smellytele

Stowe was thigh deep powder in the woods. Trails on lower mtn just below the knee. Only the triple to start the day and then the gondola around 9:45. Lines were crazy. 4 runner opened around 12. And lines were no existent. Skied the riverbed off chin clip and also out to the bench to the road.
Skied the woods off to the left of goat and got fresh lines at 1pm. Trails themselves were great but the woods were orgasmic.
While the delayed starts of the gondola and quad sucked it did allow for getting fresh lines all day on different parts of the hill.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

KustyTheKlown

15 minutes left at work. xanax and nyquil queued up in my pocket. home>sleep 6ish hours>drive 5ish hours>first gondy.

Cornhead

You're welcome VT. Took one of NYS great lakes to provide you with snow this year. And provide it did!88416908_10157984119534441_6515234464820363264_o.jpgCrazy drifts at Jay today.
Another crazy thing, Erie is still, or should I say, finally producing LES. It should be completely frozen over at this time of year.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using AlpineZone mobile app

rocks860

Looks like magic updated their report at 430 saying ropes dropped and 100% open now for tomorrow. Who knows how those natural trails will be but I’ll be there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScottySkis

You're welcome VT. Took one of NYS great lakes to provide you with snow this year. And provide it did!View attachment 26467Crazy drifts at Jay today.
Another crazy thing, Erie is still, or should I say, finally producing LES. It should be completely frozen over at this time of year.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using AlpineZone mobile app

Yes it going to be sweet at Mccolley with cornhead and Big D( Rambo

drjeff

Looks like magic updated their report at 430 saying ropes dropped and 100% open now for tomorrow. Who knows how those natural trails will be but I’ll be there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If what the "snow" on my deck about 20 miles as the bird flies South of Magic in the Mount Snow area is similar at Magic.... Don't expect the face shots we've been seeing in this thread from much further North today... I've got about 3" of SOLID, frozen stuff on my deck, that supported my 230lb frame without any signs of me breaking through as I was just out grilling!

Awesome base snow in So VT, not deep blower stuff though.....

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

sankaty

Pico was fantastic today. Not as deep as N VT appears to be, but soft, wind-packed snow virtually everywhere. Woods were fantastic. Bump trails were sublime with soft snow even in the deep troughs. Giant Killer, which always seems to be a mess, was lovely on the left side. I picked a perfect day to debut my new Elan Ripstick 106s. Love them!

Managed 22 runs today and 35K vertical feet, which is the most I've had since I started keeping track.

Giant Killer
zptycIF.jpg