Bellaire Catskills ski snowboard hill thread

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bellaire Catskills ski snowboard hill thread

Anything about Bellaire should go here
    Yesterday and today I saw them post on facecrap that they got packed powder.
    I would normally say in past they always seemed to be non liar of vs others who lie all time anyone opinions much appreciated

" BellFlat becoming like Hunter lies on social media today and yesterday I saw this
    "Ropes have fallen on upper Yahoo yesterday and we do expect the ropes to be falling on lower yahoo later on this morning. We are serving up some sweet packed powder conditions and carving up 29 trails."

Quote Originally Posted by ScottySkis View Post

BellFlat becoming like Hunter lies on social media
    You should see the email I got today from Windham about all the snow coming & how it's going to be a great weekend! LIARS!!!!!!
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Scotty, why is that a lie? I have no particular reason to suspect Bellairye or however it's spelled isn't packed power and opening trails.

I mean, packed powder and "groomed" (without ice) are pretty interchangeable terms. "Groomed" can sometimes be a euphemism for frozen granular. But with the temps lately packed powder seems reasonable to expect.

Also if they are doing snowmaking it's fair enough to call that "packed powder".
    2019/2020 season

Berkshire East [12/20, 1/7, 1/10, 1/22, 1/24]
    Bretton Woods [1/3, 1/30]
    Cannon [2/19]
    Gunstock [1/2]
    Mad River Glen [1/29, 2/11]
    Magic [3/1, 3/8]
    Mount Snow [11/14, 11/21, 12/2]
    Pico [2/23]
    Smugglers Notch [2/12]
    Wachusett [12/16]

Hunter:
    Thanks to the hard work of our snowmakers throughout the week, you can enjoy ideal conditions across all 4 faces of the mountain. Our grooming teams are also currently pushing out whales of snow on Hunter North & Hunter West, which means more terrain is on it’s way. Stay tuned right here our snow report and on our social media for more terrain updates.

Not a bad way to spend a day...I'll be there Sunday..
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    Scotty, why is that a lie? I have no particular reason to suspect Bellairye or however it's spelled isn't packed power and opening trails.

I mean, packed powder and "groomed" (without ice) are pretty interchangeable terms. "Groomed" can sometimes be a euphemism for frozen granular. But with the temps lately packed powder seems reasonable to expect.

Also if they are doing snowmaking it's fair enough to call that "packed powder".
    Because packed powder to me is about foot of snow fell in last 3 day's or so
    They got anything substantial snow half foot on Saturday over 5 days ago

^^
    5 days ago but it probably hasn't been above freezing since. Pretty much everyone is bragging how their conditions are better than you'd expect this past week.

Also Packed Powder is more a description of the type of surface to expect than how much it's been skied on and re-groomed.

Basically means nice conditions but not fluffy. Go ski there and find out!
    2019/2020 season

Cannon [2/19]
    Gunstock [1/2]
    Magic [3/1, 3/8]
    Pico [2/23]
    Smugglers Notch [2/12]
    Wachusett [12/16]

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    ^^
    5 days ago but it probably hasn't been above freezing since. Pretty much everyone is bragging how their conditions are better than you'd expect this past week.

Also Packed Powder is more a description of the type of surface to expect than how much it's been skied on and re-groomed.

Basically means nice conditions but not fluffy. Go ski there and find out!
    s

Yes I will ski there tomorrow Friday.

Sweet let us know. I'm going back to Berkshire East tomorrow and expect it to be the same packed powder from yesterday that was the same packed powder since last weekend lol
    2019/2020 season

Cannon [2/19]
    Gunstock [1/2]
    Magic [3/1, 3/8]
    Pico [2/23]
    Smugglers Notch [2/12]
    Wachusett [12/16]

Quote Originally Posted by kingslug View Post
    Hunter:
    Thanks to the hard work of our snowmakers throughout the week, you can enjoy ideal conditions across all 4 faces of the mountain. Our grooming teams are also currently pushing out whales of snow on Hunter North & Hunter West, which means more terrain is on it’s way. Stay tuned right here our snow report and on our social media for more terrain updates.

Not a bad way to spend a day...I'll be there Sunday..
    Was there Monday. North was mostly ice. Not much on West open. They must have been busy the past few days to get "ideal conditions". Hopefully I'll be back in Feb

They blew north and west..
    We shall see
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Thread Information