• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bellaire Catskills ski snowboard hill thread

ScottySkis

Anything about Bellaire should go here
Yesterday and today I saw them post on facecrap that they got packed powder.
I would normally say in past they always seemed to be non liar of vs others who lie all time anyone opinions much appreciated

" BellFlat becoming like Hunter lies on social media today and yesterday I saw this
"Ropes have fallen on upper Yahoo yesterday and we do expect the ropes to be falling on lower yahoo later on this morning. We are serving up some sweet packed powder conditions and carving up 29 trails."

bdfreetuna

Scotty, why is that a lie? I have no particular reason to suspect Bellairye or however it's spelled isn't packed power and opening trails.

I mean, packed powder and "groomed" (without ice) are pretty interchangeable terms. "Groomed" can sometimes be a euphemism for frozen granular. But with the temps lately packed powder seems reasonable to expect.

Also if they are doing snowmaking it's fair enough to call that "packed powder".

kingslug

Hunter:
Thanks to the hard work of our snowmakers throughout the week, you can enjoy ideal conditions across all 4 faces of the mountain. Our grooming teams are also currently pushing out whales of snow on Hunter North & Hunter West, which means more terrain is on it’s way. Stay tuned right here our snow report and on our social media for more terrain updates.

Not a bad way to spend a day...I'll be there Sunday..

ScottySkis

Scotty, why is that a lie? I have no particular reason to suspect Bellairye or however it's spelled isn't packed power and opening trails.

I mean, packed powder and "groomed" (without ice) are pretty interchangeable terms. "Groomed" can sometimes be a euphemism for frozen granular. But with the temps lately packed powder seems reasonable to expect.

Also if they are doing snowmaking it's fair enough to call that "packed powder".

Because packed powder to me is about foot of snow fell in last 3 day's or so
They got anything substantial snow half foot on Saturday over 5 days ago

bdfreetuna

^^
5 days ago but it probably hasn't been above freezing since. Pretty much everyone is bragging how their conditions are better than you'd expect this past week.

Also Packed Powder is more a description of the type of surface to expect than how much it's been skied on and re-groomed.

Basically means nice conditions but not fluffy. Go ski there and find out!

ScottySkis

^^
5 days ago but it probably hasn't been above freezing since. Pretty much everyone is bragging how their conditions are better than you'd expect this past week.

Also Packed Powder is more a description of the type of surface to expect than how much it's been skied on and re-groomed.

Basically means nice conditions but not fluffy. Go ski there and find out!
s

Yes I will ski there tomorrow Friday.

bdfreetuna

Sweet let us know. I'm going back to Berkshire East tomorrow and expect it to be the same packed powder from yesterday that was the same packed powder since last weekend lol

Killingtime

Hunter:
Thanks to the hard work of our snowmakers throughout the week, you can enjoy ideal conditions across all 4 faces of the mountain. Our grooming teams are also currently pushing out whales of snow on Hunter North & Hunter West, which means more terrain is on it’s way. Stay tuned right here our snow report and on our social media for more terrain updates.

Not a bad way to spend a day...I'll be there Sunday..

Was there Monday. North was mostly ice. Not much on West open. They must have been busy the past few days to get "ideal conditions". Hopefully I'll be back in Feb

ScottySkis

Friday January 24 2020
Greet day 9 for me
Sun was out very little wind
Very comfortable temperatures
Skiied Yahoo
Some bumps on hill
Skied from 10 to 3e0 ish
🌞 was awesome so is just being outside on lovely day in big Catskill s

legalskier

Friday January 24 2020
Greet day 9 for me
Sun was out very little wind
Very comfortable temperatures
Skiied Yahoo
Some bumps on hill
Skied from 10 to 3e0 ish
 was awesome so is just being outside on lovely day in big Catskill s

It sure was, Scotty!

ScottySkis

Tomorrow
Tuesday day 11
I be happy to be skiing BellFlat
I here it snowing
Comfort temperature
Be great day

legalskier

Tomorrow
Tuesday day 11
I be happy to be skiing BellFlat
I here it snowing
Comfort temperature
Be great day

I hate to be Debbie Downer but you may want to check their forecast tomorrow before you get in the car....
https://www.belleayre.com/the-mountain/snow-report

Current forecast:
''Tuesday- A chance of snow before 10am, then rain and snow likely between 10am and 1pm, then a chance of rain after 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 40. Light and variable wind becoming northwest 5 to 8 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.''

Cornhead

I hate to be Debbie Downer but you may want to check their forecast tomorrow before you get in the car....

Current forecast:
''Tuesday- A chance of snow before 10am, then rain and snow likely between 10am and 1pm, then a chance of rain after 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 40. Light and variable wind becoming northwest 5 to 8 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.''
He'll be fine. He could probably use a shower anyway.[emoji6]

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using AlpineZone mobile app

ScottySkis

Current forecast:

Thanks for that
I going tomorrow .
Maybe Saturday

ScottySkis

Wonder when get better mobile phone reception
It very spotty.
Usually when pull in parking lot is ok
Then in lodge I might get a bar but very hard to find good reception when I on the hill their
New lodge is awesome space
So is elevators

ScottySkis

I get too ski some good snow on Tuesday and Friday in Catskills this week
Anyone from AZ can make it
?